is the tama metalworks anything like the joey jordison snare

I was just woundering if the tama metalworks is anything like the joey jordison snare. I love the sound of the joey snare, but i am not a real big fan of joey anymore. i am looking for a snare that has that "Fire-cracker" pop to it. would i get that sound i am looking for out of the wood version? any thoughts would be great, thanks.

Empyrean Drums

starclassic_drummer":zyjkbtrj said:
I was just woundering if the tama metalworks is anything like the joey jordison snare. I love the sound of the joey snare, but i am not a real big fan of joey anymore. i am looking for a snare that has that "Fire-cracker" pop to it. would i get that sound i am looking for out of the wood version? any thoughts would be great, thanks.
If his snare has the sound you want why does it matter if you are a fan of his or not?

Empyrean Drums":1bqcxcrp said:
starclassic_drummer":1bqcxcrp said:
If his snare has the sound you want why does it matter if you are a fan of his or not?

I do see what you are saying, that is a good point, but the thing is, if the tama metalworks snare has the same sound, then i would much rather go with that one. i have only played the joey snare, so i am just trying to get some feedback on what i should do. thanks for the help.

Empyrean Drums

starclassic_drummer":1h3ywfii said:
Empyrean Drums":1h3ywfii said:
starclassic_drummer":1h3ywfii said:

I do see what you are saying, that is a good point, but the thing is, if the tama metalworks snare has the same sound, then i would much rather go with that one. i have only played the joey snare, so i am just trying to get some feedback on what i should do. thanks for the help.
If you've seen any forums like this, you'll know you'll get 20 different answers, and none of them will tell you more then trying one out for yourself. If you like the Tama more fine, just don't let some guy's name printed on it deter you.
Form Follows Function

Howepirate

I played a tama Metalworks for a bit. Sound IS very similar. Go ahead and buy yourself one. I believe the 7x13 is on sale in musiciansfriend and had i not found a ddrum s4 maple 7x14 snare for 52$ on there i would have hopped on the metalworks.

Steel has quite a bit of pain-in-the ass ring instead of the ring of brass and aluminum that is short lived and fuller. Steel rings like a zil-bel lol.

Try an evans dry head on this snare drum and you'll LOVE IT.

jestumac

Hey don't listen to Howepirate. Hes a joke. I guess it kinda does but the resonance is alot shorter. I would'nt suggest getting one.

Howepirate

jestumac":ozmk1hy1 said:
Hey don't listen to Howepirate. Hes a joke. I guess it kinda does but the resonance is alot shorter. I would'nt suggest getting one.
DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK

jestumac

he is he cant play. and since this is a snare topic... his snare sucks also. almost as much as him.

Danny, you don't even play drums. Shoo.