IS it hard to become a Zildjian endorser ?

drummert2k

PDP9000":ynk991u6 said:
how do you becaome one ???????????
play 300 shows a year in a internationally known band who has a manager to get you top of the line endorsers like zildjian. it doesnt matter how talented you are, its all about how many faces you can put the product infront of each night.

SGarrett

drummert2k":ap3lawiw said:
PDP9000":ap3lawiw said:
play 300 shows a year in a internationally known band who has a manager to get you top of the line endorsers like zildjian. it doesnt matter how talented you are, its all about how many faces you can put the product infront of each night.
Or work in a drum shop. There are many different levels of endorsement. The first level being a discount that's almost cost for stores.

Brother_Bong

SGarrett":3de2enst said:
drummert2k":3de2enst said:
PDP9000":3de2enst said:
Or work in a drum shop. There are many different levels of endorsement. The first level being a discount that's almost cost for stores.
Even that would be sweet.

Brother_Bong

FiestyRedDrummEr":p74bxsq3 said:
I just became one today.
Zildjian, Evans drum heads, Pearl, and Vic Firth picked me up today.
...................................................................................................................................................................drool..............................

Lancelot Frosty

Argh.
Words cannot express the amount of envy I possess at the moment. XD
Wait a minute, Fiesty.
I thought you were a Remo user? O_O

FiestyRedDrummEr

Lancelot Frosty":2ialdju8 said:
Argh.
Wait a minute, Fiesty.

I am. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Remo. The Evans Heads are for the drum corp I march. But I'm the reason they scored the sweet deal.

SGarrett

FiestyRedDrummEr":2pzgsyme said:
Lancelot Frosty":2pzgsyme said:
Argh.
Wait a minute, Fiesty.

I am. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Remo. The Evans Heads are for the drum corp I march. But I'm the reason they scored the sweet deal.
Don't let anyone from D'Addario see you say that. :eek:

FiestyRedDrummEr

SGarrett":u0y9ex4n said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":u0y9ex4n said:
Lancelot Frosty":u0y9ex4n said:
Argh.
Wait a minute, Fiesty.

Don't let anyone from D'Addario see you say that. :eek:
yeah. I know.

McForman

so how did you go about getting endorsed? do you just harass them with phone calls and emails until they give in?

screamkevin

It's about harassing and emailing, but it's more about what you can do for the company.

Zildjian isn't going to even consider giving you an endorsement for your high school garage band. They want drummers who have name recognition, album credits, album sales, and tours.

There's an outstanding FAQ about endorsments that should be required reading for drummers, written by Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, drummer for Wierd Al Yankovic. There's a TON of good information in it. The only change that I would make is this: Remember, drum/cymbal companies very rarely give out FREE gear. There is almost always some cost involved to the endorser (you). If you're looking for free gear, forget it.

Here's the FAQ: http://www.bermudaschwartz.com/endorsement/index.html

Also, the endorsement FAQ on the Saluda website is very well written. Granted, it's for Saluda endorsements, but most of the statements there can be applied to any other company.

http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/get_endorsed.html

Read, memorize, and live it.