Iron Cobras, need some help....

Edge3591

I got some of Iron cobra pedals a few months ago. I like um better than the pacific 100$ ones I was using.

My problem is when I push the pedal down to play the bottom of the pedal hits the thing that you tighten the pedal to the drum rim to. Has anyone else had this problem. I've tried all the adjusting possible and it still hits.

dave lynch

Which ones do you have ? I don't have that problem..I'm using the Power Glides..Oh and is it a double pedal, and if so is it the left pedal ? If so all you need to do is make sure when you connect the crossmember you set the footboard at a higher possition..Man I'm not sure if I helped you..!!

Edge3591

dave lynch":6w58dxj5 said:
Which ones do you have ? I don't have that problem..I'm using the Power Glides..Oh and is it a double pedal, and if so is it the left pedal ? If so all you need to do is make sure when you connect the crossmember you set the footboard at a higher possition..Man I'm not sure if I helped you..!!
Sorry I didn't really put that info in there. I have the powerglides, they are doubles, it's the right pedal, and it's not really what your talking about but ty for the reply

dave lynch

Edge3591":zlqy9t4m said:
dave lynch":zlqy9t4m said:
Sorry I didn't really put that info in there. I have the powerglides, they are doubles, it's the right pedal, and it's not really what your talking about but ty for the reply
OK I have my foot on my pedal as I write this..I have a good inch between the footboard and the thingamajig...There is an adjustment on the piece that holds the beater...It's down low on the shin side..If you have your beater set to far back it will bottom out before the beater hits the head..You should have a tool that came with the pedal..The tool has a hex key that will allow you to adjust the beater angle closer without changing the spring or anything else..Hmmm..I hope I made sence cuz I'm SURE that's you problem..It might have slipped cuz it wasn't tight enough..!!

Edge3591

Yea, you were right. I didn't even know that adjustment was there. It must have come stock with it really far down and I didn't know that, that thingy was there. Thanks for the help man

dave lynch

Edge3591":3ld6kmud said:
Yea, you were right. I didn't even know that adjustment was there. It must have come stock with it really far down and I didn't know that, that thingy was there. Thanks for the help man
YES !!! I'm glad I could help...Have FUN..!!