Iron Cobra Rolling Glides (Cobra Coil)

TrunJun

Does anyone own a pair of these and would they mind reviewing them for me? I'm looking to sell my old set of power glides and switch to the rolling glides, as opposed to dropping 500$ (which i dont have) on a set of Godly axis pedals. Thanks fellers!

-TrunJ :twisted: :twisted:

MasterShake89

i dont own either, but the general consensus around these forums as i have seen is people prefer the power glide to the rolling glide. but i could be wrong...

khalis99

i initially wanted to purchase the power glide.wen i reached the store,the sales person recommended me the rolling glide.the rolling glide was much smoother compared to the power glide.soo my pick is the rolling glide.hahaha.thats my preference

Howepirate

I was thinking about this idiot idea last night (cobra coil). Think about it!

1. You'll have to play high spring tension (for fast 16th's) just to keep the recoil at a minimum and be able to control it.

2. The coil will give you so much kickback you'll probably end up using a lot of effort to bring the beater swinging back to the head.

3. People will be replacing springs all the time because apparently theres a consensus going around stating that terrible Tama Iron Cobra pedals are worth buying...which they're not. But people don't always make the best of choices.

4. Axis, Trick(and the alternative to direct drive) DW have got it down people TRUST ME why waste money on mediocre pedals that i can promise you feel like balls to play!

Alcyon

Because, howepirate, the same pedals don't feel as good to others as they do to you, and don't have scads of dough to blow on $300+ pedals. I'm buying an IC because DW's flimsy footboards feel like paper to my feet.

I'm getting Power Glide tho, no wussy spring-loaded Rolling Glide.

drummert2k

i've been playing the power glide for years and tears now and love them. i've played the rolling glide and it is smooth, i just like the punch from the power glide. but the iron cobras are great pedals. never had a problem with them yet and between practices, lots of session work and hundreds of shows over the years, i've used the same pedal without breaking or anything.

Howepirate

I can maintain about 220 bpm for up to a minute and a half on DW7002's

I have jumped on my footboards

I have slammed them as hard as my foot allows

They've been through so much crap and ive never had ne problems except a lot of screws becoming loose due to my heavy hitting and fast playing cuz im no wussy death metal drummer i use power in every stroke hands or feet.

I just dont think iron cobra pedals are pedals to waste your money on. 200 more dollars and you could have a much superior Axis Pedals or even only a 130 and you get the X-2 longboards. Why not save up your money and buy the best stuff you can now so you have it at your disposal and not limit yourself to what you think will work for a while.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself kids. Just think about it.k?

Alcyon

I didn't say they would break, I just said I didn't like them. Just because you love it doesn't mean everything else sucks. What about the losers in the cymbals forum that think Sabian blows? We flamethrowered them, but this is no different.

Howepirate

Theres a difference from a big piece of metal that a factory changes and shapes to make a cymbal to a drum pedal that has many mechanical parts and configurations bro.

I just have the ongoing argument that people should save up and buy the things they dream of because its not as hard as it may seem.

My moms bribing me with 400$ for straight A's which means this summer when report cards come in you'll see my set with brand new Axis XL-2's and a lot more cymbals and probably a pearl rack.

I shall save up to 2000 for my next set off shells and sell off my PDP FXR though it has a professional sound its just to small for me.

I'm just saying that after your first set of entry level stuff if your really gunna stick with it go for pro quality stuff and never sacrifice quality for price because remember theres always nextag.com that'll save you some $$.!

EmbodiedDespair

Howepirate":1ll79n0f said:
I can maintain about 220 bpm for up to a minute and a half on DW7002's

I have jumped on my footboards

I have slammed them as hard as my foot allows

They've been through so much crap and ive never had ne problems except a lot of screws becoming loose due to my heavy hitting and fast playing cuz im no wussy death metal drummer i use power in every stroke hands or feet.

I just dont think iron cobra pedals are pedals to waste your money on. 200 more dollars and you could have a much superior Axis Pedals or even only a 130 and you get the X-2 longboards. Why not save up your money and buy the best stuff you can now so you have it at your disposal and not limit yourself to what you think will work for a while.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself kids. Just think about it.k?
Death metal drummers wusses?

At least I'm not a wuss with bad technique.

JohnRobMHIM

Howepirate":3uatne0v said:
My moms bribing me with 400$ for straight A's which means this summer when report cards come in you'll see my set with brand new Axis XL-2's and a lot more cymbals and probably a pearl rack.

I shall save up to 2000 for my next set off shells and sell off my PDP FXR though it has a professional sound its just to small for me.
I remember when I was in highschool, and got my pearl export kit with A custom cymbals. That was freshman year, and I never got anything else for christmas or a birthday present except for a shitty old car when I turned 17. A lot of people don't have that kind of money to spend on drum equipment.

I think for the price, you can't get more pedal than an Iron Cobra, I've played one since I started playing double bass 3 years ago and it's been great for me. I think I'm ready to go to a DW 9002 but my Iron Cobra has been great.

You're lucky you've got that kind of money to spend on nice equipment, but don't be a tool and make fun of kids because they can't afford that kind of stuff.

Beej

I've got the power glides and I've played on several other sets of Iron Cobras. I just can't imagine Iron Cobra making anything but a superb product. I've also experience with DW 9000 series and Yamaha's double pedals. Nothing tops my Iron Cobras. Matter of fact the owner of the DW's sold his 9000 series to GET Iron Cobras if that tells you anything.

PaulZILLA

klets not let this become the cymbals thread all over again. maybe i can end this. or just change it some. first off i have played the IronCobra Powerglide(not the roller, i wana try it), Ive played DW9002,7002,5002(and the turbo), ive played Axis AL2 and AX2(longboards are fun with or without the hammers), the Trick doubles, even Gibralter doubles. first off. non of these products are bad. hell even my old verve double pedal was a champ.dont hate on others equipment. ya gota think . not everybody can offord higherstuff. and not everybody wants higher stuff. i know professionals that perform with each of these, even some people on world tours who use the standard DW4000 or Pearl P102. those arek inda basic even for beginers/amatures. secondly i dont own any of these, but i have played them enough to judge. each has their own thing. the powerglide has awesome punch and for the buck is a pretty kickass pedal. personaly i prefer the DW9002 and TRICK over them. btu thats just how i like my pedals to feel. the Trick has my top choice. mainly because its so stable and easily adjusted and accurately adjusted. and the beaters are insane( il ike being able to adjust up and down on the arm withou tloosening th ebeater). the axis are really fun to play on especialy the longboards, i dotn like the powerhammers but switch the beaters and id love a set. each has their own thing going, just a matter of personal preference. like sticks. each of us likes our own thing so dont hate on wh at other people have or like. and honestly kids these days, there are kids now a days with entry level CB and Pulse kits. some even with Exports that we all know. and they are using relatively slow pedals compared to the ones above. like the P102 or the Gibralter standards. and they can out speed and out last alot of drummers that do this for a living. so its not all equipment. i think you should be able to do the same things on cheap stuff as expensive stuff.

infiznitch

Howepirate":1bziusf4 said:
Theres a difference from a big piece of metal that a factory changes and shapes to make a cymbal to a drum pedal that has many mechanical parts and configurations bro.

I just have the ongoing argument that people should save up and buy the things they dream of because its not as hard as it may seem.

I'm just saying that after your first set of entry level stuff if your really gunna stick with it go for pro quality stuff and never sacrifice quality for price because remember theres always nextag.com that'll save you some $$.!
you see man, that's the point, not everyone has resources like you do. I mean, when i was in high school my parents NEVER would have given me money for grades. they thought good grades should just be expected not rewarded. Regardless, not everyone on here is in high school and can focus all their resources into buying a pedal that YOU think is awesome. Something being the most expensive doesn't always mean it's the best for everyone. Now my PERSONAL opinion... i would love to have a pair of axis pedals. I got a couple of eliminators a couple years ago and i have come to LOATHE them. They fall apart all the time, and the slave pedal shifts constantly. I'm going to try velcro to see if that will help. what a pain. ANYWAY off topic, point is, my $99 PDP pedal that i had before was much more reliable. See a difference? why is a $240 pedal less reliable than a $99 pedal?

tama73

TrunJun said:
Does anyone own a pair of these and would they mind reviewing them for me? I'm looking to sell my old set of power glides and switch to the rolling glides, as opposed to dropping 500$ (which i dont have) on a set of Godly axis pedals. Thanks fellers!

-TrunJ :twisted: :twisted:[/quote All I can say is that I have used Dw . There where ok. I just like the Power glides . Save your money get the rolling glides

Teethkicker

One thing you might want to try if you haven't before you switch petals (cause I have power glide too) is change beaters. I just bought a couple DW two way beaters (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=442122)
cause I wanted to use plastic for a punchier (more metal) sound, and i got that but also i got a nice surprise, the plastic has a better feel/natural bounce to it so you can lower spring tension and move those beaters even closer to the bass drum head which leads to faster bpms, more control and more stamina. ...and for the record i would like to say that death metal drummers are some of the best drummers in the world and that you will find out as you get more experience with double bass drumming that finesse > power/muscles (death metal drummers have lots of both) i mean id rather play 1143 bpms like the berzerkers drummer than play 220 with "powerful strokes" unless my goal was to work out and lose weight or something.

Alcyon

Amen, PaulZILLA!

Teethkicker, I'd much rather play 200bpm than 1000bpm, because with each 200bpm stroke, it feels like you're being punched in the gut. To me, that's way more metal.

I prefer light doublekicks for metal, and heavy powerful pedals for single pedal stuff. If I played only metal, I'd save up for Axis, but since I play both metal and hardcore, I'm keeping my Peace Nitro-Drives (not very good, I warn you, but okay) and saving for a single IC Power Glide.

tama73

infiznitch":2fcygz4k said:
Howepirate":2fcygz4k said:

you see man, that's the point, not everyone has resources like you do. I mean, when i was in high school my parents NEVER would have given me money for grades. they thought good grades should just be expected not rewarded. Regardless, not everyone on here is in high school and can focus all their resources into buying a pedal that YOU think is awesome. Something being the most expensive doesn't always mean it's the best for everyone. Now my PERSONAL opinion... i would love to have a pair of axis pedals. I got a couple of eliminators a couple years ago and i have come to LOATHE them. They fall apart all the time, and the slave pedal shifts constantly. I'm going to try velcro to see if that will help. what a pain. ANYWAY off topic, point is, my $99 PDP pedal that i had before was much more reliable. See a difference? why is a $240 pedal less reliable than a $99 pedal?
I really agree with infiznitch.iT's all about personal preference. But i have been playing Tama for year's and the durability with hardware , drums, etc. have been awsome, (I still have some of my original hardware from wen I started), hope I could help ,Peace