International touring.

stump

Anyone out there toured internationally? If so ..what was your favorite country to play in and why? Peace!

BillRayDrums

I've played in about 2 dozen countries and lived in Taiwan for a bit. Favorite to play in? Probably the Netherlands but definitely Spain and France rank up there. Switzerland's cool too.

JT Massacre

I just got back from a month long tour of Europe with my band Big John Bates and the Voodoo Dollz, we did Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and Denmark. we also tour extensively in Canada and the U.S. I joined the band in Nov and have done 61 shows on the road so far. we head back out on the 19th for a western canadian tour, then in Sept we head down the west coast. After that tour we do a canada/midwest u.s tour. busy busy busy! It's hard to pinpoint one place that was the best but Germany certainly ranks right up there, we had so much fun it was almost illegal! here are some pics from our show in Dresden

the last pic was the response to my drum solo, I pulled a Buddy Rich and jumped off the stage and played around the bar, on walls,beer bottles they were holding and anything else I could hit while making my way through the packed crowd! we had a blast in Dresden, and every other show we play! hope you enjoy!!! J.T

twisteddrummer

We just got back from doing Germany, Ireland and Greece. If you play metal germany is the best in terms of numbers of people who turn out for shows (Then again we usually get booked at larger festivals in germany), but the greeks are fucking insane. Any where you go in europe you should be prepared for your liver to take a beating. Also be prepared not to sleep. It's a hell of a lot of fun-just be prepared for the hangovers. they are truly brutal.

trstn

twisteddrummer":1optd825 said:
We just got back from doing Germany, Ireland and Greece. If you play metal germany is the best in terms of numbers of people who turn out for shows (Then again we usually get booked at larger festivals in germany), but the greeks are fucking insane. Any where you go in europe you should be prepared for your liver to take a beating. Also be prepared not to sleep. It's a hell of a lot of fun-just be prepared for the hangovers. they are truly brutal.
The adept keeps silent and savours...

:D

stump

OK! This does not by any means only include drummers from the US. How about you drummers out there in other countries? We are all family...let's here it! Peace on ya!

JT Massacre

JT

I soooo want your gig.......
LOL I get that a lot!! It took me about 2 years of pestering to finally get in! I'm the 7th drummer they've had in as many years, most left because of family commitments, some for other bands and I think they're crazy! As you can see from my smile I'm having a blast. we're taking July off and then we're back at it in August pretty much up to the new year. here's what we have lined up so far.
SUMMER & FESTIVAL DATES

Whistler, BC
CANADIAN BBQ CHAMPIONSHIP - Dusty's
Sat Aug 04

Vancouver, BC
BIG IRON CAR SHOW - Waldorf Hotel
Sat Aug 11

Nanaimo, BC
The Queen's
Thu Aug 16

Cumberland, BC
THE BIG TIME OUT
Fri Aug 17

Euclulet, AB
The Lodge
Sat Aug 18

Seattle, WA
El Corazon
Tue Aug 28

Portland, OR
Dante's - TBC
Wed Aug 29

Sonora, CA
Rawhide Saloon
Thu Aug 30

San Francisco, CA
TBC
Fri Aug 31

Bakersfield, CA
Fishlips
Sat Sep 01

Santa Monica, CA
SUMMER STRUMMER FESTIVAL
Sun Sep 02

Las Vegas, NV
The Divebar
Tue Sep 04

Phoenix, AZ
Mardi Gras
Wed Sep 05

Denver, CO
The Larimer Lounge
Thu Sep 06

Salt Lake City, UT
Burt's Tiki Lounge
Fri Sep 07

Bozeman, MT
The Zebra
Sat Sep 08

FALL / WINTER DATES

Europe
TBC
Oct / Nov

Vancouver, BC
SECOND ANNUAL VOODOO BALL
TBC

X-Canada / Midwest USA
TBC
Nov / Dec

Apparently this next European tour will take us to Croatia, France, Spain, Amsterdam and hopefully Germany again!

I took this picture from behind my kit just before we started playing, Dresden was a blast!

Mongore

Here's where I am a little biased ;)

I have played in Sydney, Australia before, and being a kiwi band, they didn't like us too much heh.

I have set up numerous gigs for international acts over here in New Zealand and most say that we have the most passionate and insane crowds :) A lot of people under estimate New Zealand because it is small. We may be small but music and gigs is a huge deal here. Every international act will pack out (with good advertising) because we simply do not get enough over here.

But yeah, if you have a band that is touring near Australia, don't miss NZ you won't regret it :D