Internal Drum Lights

streetspeed91

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site but I must say that its pretty sick. I'm 15 years old and have been playing for almost 6 years. I play on a Gretsch USA Custom. It was a prototype they made and decided against it. Its a KOA finish 8 piece. I LOVE IT!!! I got Zildjian A Customs and Avedis cymabls, remo heads, and a huge Gibraltar rack and hardware. I will have pics soon. ANYWAY.... I was interested in purchasing green acrylic shells (4 piece) and all black hardware. I was going to drill it all myself and put it together. I was very interested in putting some kind of light inside each shell suck as Adrian Young and Travis Barker. I emailed OCDP about it by they won't disclose any of their drum making info. I would really appreciate it if somwone could give me some advice. (Where I can get the lights, battery power, remote turn on.. ect.)
Thanks - John

drummert2k

first off, welcome to the board. second, i highly discourage drulling your own acrylic shells. i've made my share of custom kits for drummers (kinda a custom out of my basement company. lol) but anytime i have to do an acryilc kit i always have the company drill the holes and do the edges. most companies offer this service anyways. most of the time they even do it free. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT! trust me. drilling acrylics can result in spider webbing around the hole pretty easily.

as far as lights. from what i've seen, they use the same idea as hughes and kettner on their amps with the blue light in them. if ocdp isnt givving you any info, maybe through hughes and kettner and email about the lights.

streetspeed91

yo! Thanks man. I think your right about drilling the holes as well. I'll deffinatly look into those lights. And as for my daddy loving me, I paid for the whole set myself. I've had a job for a couple years now (if you were talking about how much the set costs) lol. :wink:

streetspeed91

hey, what companies drill holes for free??? I've looked all over and haven't found 1. I also found out that there is a new type of light called Ceelite. They are amazing!! Its a paper thin flexible light. Chad Smith has it wrapped around his wood set and it lights up. I might consider using that on the inside of the acrylic shell.