important drum secret

demonicAngel

ok, how bout you stop reading drum posts now, and practice everything you've seen/heard of right here :) it's probly the most important thing you can do, is practice.... so do it! Practice the stuff your not good at, conquer that, then move on to other stuff.

trstn

Eiren":15xpsr97 said:
I'm at work... wish I could have a drum kit here :cry:
Same here, but I already started with a few things I picked up in the forum, or links to videos I found here

trstn

I happen to drum on my keyboard's palmthing with my thumbs when thinking what to type next sometimes..

FelterSkelter

I work in a music store and though we have no drums we do carry sticks which I bounce on my mousepad or practice twirling.

earldrum

Practice is fine, but I say go find some people to make music with, then you will learn how to apply your practicing to the real world. You can also make a buck or two in the process.

Also, I find that what I practice doesn't always work in when playing with other musicians, because making music is more than playing rudiments fast or four way coordination exercises. It is about listening and learning what not to play more than playing a lot of cool licks.

That's my two-cents.

Danny Meazell

Alexm, I agree 100% I am huge on pratice! I even miss a day or two I can tell a big differance personally. Those listening might not but I sure can!

funkengrooven

I take a pad and sticks to work and practice through my lunch break out in the back storeroom. Consequently I've been dubbed "Woodpecker" because of the constant tapping for an hour...