I'm new... here's my introduction :]

Kris.Is.Awesome

Hey all, I found this great little community.

Decided to join up...

Here's my baby
2007 "custom" Tama Swingstar
7 Piece double kick Platinum grey w/ black hardware.
12, 13, 16, 18 toms
ALL Birch.
EC2 heads
Kit BOOMS and has more attack that a shark.
10" Tmbale
Side snare

Sabian XS20 rock Hats (looking to replace)
Sabian XS20 rock ride
Sabian AAX Dark crashes (14", 16")
Wuhan 18" China w/ rivets...

cgaffka

my buddy has a very similar kit. i think the only difference is he uses zildjians, but other than tht looks same. great set i love it. even though im a pearl guy.. i like tama alot.

anavrinIV

those arent birch, theyre philippine mahogany, a cheap wood used in low line kits...i know because i also have a set of swingstars. your toms are really far away from your ride and floor toms, is that really comfortable? they look good though.

Potatoe Snack

i used to use a swingstar, i didn't like it though. i hated the finish...it was a blonde/cream color with marks and shit all over it.

phoenix7289

Potatoe Snack":1jz05u0t said:
i used to use a swingstar, i didn't like it though. i hated the finish...it was a blonde/cream color with marks and shit all over it.
ewwwwwwwww
Yah once you start noticing how your drums sound next to like freaking DW sets and Superstars and what-not... you really just end up hating your drums. But my Swingstars DID sound fairly nice with Aquarian Response 2's on them!!! And the bass had a SKII!!! :)

Potatoe Snack

phoenix7289":wttexa3o said:
Potatoe Snack":wttexa3o said:
ewwwwwwwww
Yah once you start noticing how your drums sound next to like freaking DW sets and Superstars and what-not... you really just end up hating your drums. But my Swingstars DID sound fairly nice with Aquarian Response 2's on them!!! And the bass had a SKII!!! :)
i've actually never used aquarians, i'm did remo and switched to evans for discount reasons.

phoenix7289

Potatoe Snack":1jg41ig7 said:
phoenix7289":1jg41ig7 said:
Potatoe Snack":1jg41ig7 said:
ewwwwwwwww
i've actually never used aquarians, i'm did remo and switched to evans for discount reasons.
You should try some! They aren't super expensive and they sound great!