I'm joining the club

TheLoneGunman

I finally got my first Saluda's ordered. They're just too unique and awesome in everyway not to try!

13" Earthworks Medium Hi-Hats
17" Glory Medium-Thin Crash
20" Nemesis Medium Darker Ride (crashable)

peace,
Alex "TheLoneGunman"

metldrummer2112

That's great man, let us know how they sound!

Let's not let this turn into another giant pissing match against Saluda though please 8)

TheLoneGunman

Actually, I've been into the Saluda look and price for a long time and I wasn't hip to the whole controversey and now I'm up to speed.

It's been an interesting read.

But in the end, if they're the best cymbals ever, then they'll be played on in front of thousands all over the place. If not, then they'll be bashed on by students in my studio, lol.

Either way I'll let everyone know. Pics and Vids will be made.

peace,
Alex "TheLoneGunman"

blastbeats666

yeah i actually got a 21" nemesis ride. i liked it, but it was a bit too washy for me for is a good cymbal.
hope everything else is good as well :mrgreen:

Larryeagle

I have a Saluda splash that I got about 2 years ago and it is one of my fav. cymbals and all the rest are AAX, other than my 15 new beat hats

Empyrean Drums

I loved the Saluda china I bought (from who I can't remember) but I killed it. If things work out for this band I just tried out for I'll definatly be after some more to replace my all broken brass

TheLoneGunman

Well, I got the cymbals. I'm no cymbal expert but my Saluda's are perfectly what I asked for. I got these cymbals with the perfect setup for me in mind, and I was trying not to get my hopes up with all the controversy, but when I pulled them out of the box they were great. I've now played on them for a couple weeks and they're even better now. These are the perfect cymbals for me. They sound amazing, look interesting and I'm the only cat, that I know of in the KC area with Saludas, so I stand out.

I'm gonna be ordering an 18" Mist-X tomorrow.

As for a more indepth review.

The hats are a great funky set of hats. I found that I like the heavier one on top ala Steve Gadd. They were really good the normal way, but for some reason when they're reversed, imo they just hit a whole new level of projection and feel.

The Crash really blew me away. No matter how light I hit it, it opens up real nice. It's got a darker sound the lighter you hit it. But it's real bright with lot's of projection when hit harder.

While the Glory crash was the biggest surprise of the bunch, the Nemesis Ride is my favorite. My son says it looks like it's covered in blood. And a bass player I played a gig with told me it just looked somber. So that's a pretty good compliment to a ride that's supposed to be dark and blend in real well. The Ride is by far the loudest cymbal I've ever owned, which is real interesting, Crash Riding on it is a lot of fun. The bell has a real nice dry tone. But the main thing about it is whether I'm playing jazz, blues, country or motown which most of my gigs right now are all combinations of those styles, it blends in with everything real well, which is what a darker ride should do.

I got asked by a studio to do some recording on some projects and as payment for the work, I'll get free studio time to use for whatever I want. So I'm going to take that time to record some drum solos. In about a month or so I'll have some recordings of the cymbals for you all to listen to. Some recordings with a band, some just myself. It will be lot's of fun.

And as a last note Jamie offered me an endorsement. And I'm proud to put my name and reputation behind those cymbals.