If you had to ged rid off all you cymbals...

Qbs

I was recently wondering which cymbals in my setup are simply irreplaceble and found that no matter what I will never get rid of my Paiste 2000 hats and my 20" swish. The hats because they not only sound great but they are also a collectors item ;) (well at least I'd collect colorsounds if I had the money to do so), the swish because it has that one of the kind sound - just right. :)

Imagine you have to sell all your cymbals for whatever reason and you can only spare three... which would you choose and why?

loop

I'd keep my paiste sig heavy hats and... my stagg furia 10 splash which is one amazing cymbal!

Mr. Pants

Qbs":3b84u37t said:
ok :p let's say you can only leave two :p
D'oh!! That leaves me minus the 21" Sweet Crash/Ride.

I couldn't bear to part with the 24" crash/ride or the 20" Hi-Hats (they count as one, right?) :lol:

caulkie

I'd keep both my 16" and 18" Sabian Rocktagons and also the 17" rock crash. I know Sabian don't make all three anymore so to me, they are clasics.

I've even gone and found a 16" rocktagon on ebay so I have continuance of one cymbal breaks. 8)

Shalaq

I'd definitely keep my Agops-14 empire hats and my 22 pasha ride. Other cymbals are only added depending on the playing situation(although the ride is a bit too heavy for jazz, but I'd keep it anyway :) ). They are the core of my cymbal sound.

pphunk

This is fairly easy as i only really use 4 cymbals in my set up. Although i have about 10 lying around the studio.

I'd hold onto my Zildjian 14'' Quick Beats, my 18" K Dark Thin Crash and my 22" A Medium Ride.

Pork Sword

I'd hang on to my hi-hats...it's a mixed match pair but they sound great together...

the top is a 14 inch 70's New Beat & the bottom is a paiste 2002 medium heavy hat....they sound magic together.

that & I have a 22 inch Earth Ride from Zildjian that I will be buried with for sure.

inidigigen

It's not that I can't live without my cymbals. I would keep some set of 14"hi-hat, a 20"ride, and a 17"crash. probably sabian AA

I'd sell my 12" Wuhan splash and my 20" Sabian B8 Medium Ride. I would keep my 20" Zildjian Platinum Medium Ride because they are out of production :[[[ and my 14" Zildjian Edge Max-Hat's because they are also out of production :[[[[