If you could take lessons from a drummer...

dwtoast72

We've had topics in here lately about jamming or gigging with a particular drummer or band... BUT, if you could take lessons from a particular drummer who would it be...
I would definitely take lessons from Josh Freeze and/or Elvin Jones

Call me Gideon

Hmmmm...I'd have to say, Chad Smith, Dave Raun (of Lagwagon), Dave Grohl or John Dolmayan. There are others but I really like these guys personal styles.

McForman

Chris Adler or maybe Gizmak Da Gusha, but only because it would probably be the most interesting lesson ever.

DrumFiend0206

Timekeep69":239vjiml said:
Dave Lombardo.
I <3 your taste in drummers.

I would also have to say Dave Lombardo, or Gene Hoglan. They're both big influences to me, and from videos and clinics I've seen of them, they just seem like really cool down to earth people.

BillRayDrums

I'd want to get together with David Garibaldi and funk out for a bit. I studied his whole style for years and missed a lesson with him by 1 day. The day I could be in San Francisco to do it, he had to leave for tour. ARGH.

rlrrll

Bill Bruford. Not so much for chops, but for concepts. Like "Why the hell did you play that?"

For chops, I'd like to spend a few hours at an Italian restaurant with Dom Famularo!!

tc

Rob Crisp

FiestyRedDrummEr":12j76xxf said:
I had a lesson with Ari Hoenig.
So I would probably get a lesson with Vinnie Colutia.
I was going to say Vinnie, good call!

I'd also love to get lessons from Buddy. I'd love to get that hand on the hi hat, playing underneath bit down nicely! :D

FiestyRedDrummEr

Rob Crisp":2t61qd87 said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":2t61qd87 said:
I had a lesson with Ari Hoenig.
So I would probably get a lesson with Vinnie Colutia.
I was going to say Vinnie, good call!

I'd also love to get lessons from Buddy. I'd love to get that hand on the hi hat, playing underneath bit down nicely! :D
haha I was going to say Buddy.