idiot

GiveItAll

i will never fully understand politicans, the governor of NY Elliot Spitzer wants to make a law to give drivers license's to illegal aliens...wtf? so anyone under the clear blue sky can get an ID even without a SSN???? that makes NO SENSE fuckin morons

SmellsLikeIan

That's pretty stupid....I heard here in Texas there are a couple of insurance agencies that will insure illegals without a driver's license. I'm all for a guest worker program and identification, and I have no problem with Mexicans. My bass player is half Mexican. What I don't like is when people cut in line and the people who have done things the proper way have to get pushed back farther. It sux when my bass player's grandfather can't come up to Texas for a wedding because too many people cut in line and they're not issuing as many visitor visas that month.....

GiveItAll

it doesnt just pertain to mexicans its all illegals, its stupid if you dont have a SSN you shouldnt be able to get an ID plain and simple just think a terrorist could get one and get into some place they usually couldnt

kylevater

politics is just a contest to see who is the most retarded person in america
why do you think bush won?

DrumFiend0206

GiveItAll":lihshql9 said:
it doesnt just pertain to mexicans its all illegals, its stupid if you dont have a SSN you shouldnt be able to get an ID plain and simple just think a terrorist could get one and get into some place they usually couldnt

Yeah, but here in Texas, most of the illegals (maybe 98%) are from Mexico lol. I've got no problems with Mexicans at all either, but I agree with you GiveItAll. Issuing an ID without a SSN is completely off the deep end.

FiestyRedDrummEr

GiveItAll":1hotapyh said:
i will never fully understand politicans, the governor of NY Elliot Spitzer wants to make a law to give drivers license's to illegal aliens...wtf? so anyone under the clear blue sky can get an ID even without a SSN???? that makes NO SENSE fuckin morons

Yes. Everyone in California ca.
Its lovely.

Rockula!

It should be painfully obvious why Bush-Co would want illegals (especially Mexicans) in this country
It creates a class of workers that can be exploited even more than US citizens
You should feel lucky that you are in this country, now go work for next to nothing
By the way, don't even think about forming anything like a union or striking
After all, since you're not REALLY a citizen, you can be deported and replaced with another Mexican
Immigration laws are the new drug laws
All they really do is keep poor, undereducated people under the thumb of the government
Afterll, those mexicans have kids who grow up and go to school in this country
Do you think those educated kids are going to grow up and get jobs where they have to bust their asses?
Nope, they've become spoiled Americans just like the rest of us
Of course the CEO (I mean, president) of America wants illegal immigrants
You can't outsource EVERY job

I can't drive down Ross Avenue in Dallas without seeing at least 50 or 60 guys outside the "Otra Parte" nightclub looking to get picked up for the day
I just feel bad for those people because they have to live day to day, not knowing if they can support their families
On a side note, I don't understand why many immigrants have such large families
I know it is a cultural thing (and a Catholic thing with Mexicans) but it seems that would make more sense to not have 5 kids if you can barely find work

Living in Minneasota, you have a duifferent sense of perspective because most of the immigrants here are Hmongs and Somalis
I never resented those people for "taking my job" because they are (for the most part) here legally
I don't give a crap who you are as long as you pay you taxes and have to submit yourself to the same scrutiny as I do (SS#, I.D. etc...)

Brother_Bong

Rockula!":2hl02jus said:
It should be painfully obvious why Bush-Co would want illegals (especially Mexicans) in this country
It creates a class of workers that can be exploited even more than US citizens
You should feel lucky that you are in this country, now go work for next to nothing
By the way, don't even think about forming anything like a union or striking
After all, since you're not REALLY a citizen, you can be deported and replaced with another Mexican
Immigration laws are the new drug laws
All they really do is keep poor, undereducated people under the thumb of the government
Afterll, those mexicans have kids who grow up and go to school in this country
Do you think those educated kids are going to grow up and get jobs where they have to bust their asses?
Nope, they've become spoiled Americans just like the rest of us
Of course the CEO (I mean, president) of America wants illegal immigrants
You can't outsource EVERY job

I can't drive down Ross Avenue in Dallas without seeing at least 50 or 60 guys outside the "Otra Parte" nightclub looking to get picked up for the day
I just feel bad for those people because they have to live day to day, not knowing if they can support their families
On a side note, I don't understand why many immigrants have such large families
I know it is a cultural thing (and a Catholic thing with Mexicans) but it seems that would make more sense to not have 5 kids if you can barely find work

Living in Minneasota, you have a duifferent sense of perspective because most of the immigrants here are Hmongs and Somalis
I never resented those people for "taking my job" because they are (for the most part) here legally
I don't give a crap who you are as long as you pay you taxes and have to submit yourself to the same scrutiny as I do (SS#, I.D. etc...)

Well put, did you ever think of seeking office?
At least the Somalis over there work, here in Maine (one of the highest taxed states, with one of the most giving welfare systems, hm..coincidence?) they don't seem to have to. But they wear 200.00 dollar sneaks. Meanwhile I pile into my welding truck at 6:00 am in my 45 dollar Wal-mart work boots and go put in 9-16 hrs a day for 5-7 a week.

ctyjones

A good friend of mine who immigrated from Romania was just reunited with his wife after two years. He came over and it took all that time for him to jump through all the hoops to get himself and his wife legally immigrated. I don't get him started on illegal immigration, becuase the way he sees it is that if he were to sneak in, he could enjoy all the same benefits that he's worked the last two years to get. We should not be awarding people for sneaking in to our country. To be perfectly clear, I welcome LEGAL immigrants to the U.S. with open arms, but not if they're not willing to complete the necessary steps to come in legally.
Food for thought:
Did you know Mexico deports more illegal aliens than the U.S.?
As far as poverty in Mexico goes, I'll give you three guesses where the current richest man in the world lives. Why do we have to take care of theirs when we can hardly take care of our own?
My wife teaches kindergarten. All the signs in her school are written in English and Spanish, she has to have a spanish aid make many of her phone calls home, and she is paid less than another Kinder teacher who only teaches Mexican students. At the same time, she has half a dozen students in one class from Russian, Marshallese, and Chuuk families. All immigrated legally, but those families are expected to learn and cope in an English school, when Spanish speaking students have their own classes, taught in Spanish.

I'm pretty tired, so maybe I should end this little rant while I still can....

stump

Don't get me started. I've seen illegal's get away with literal murder. Where one of us would be getting a needle in our arm they got off by running back to mexico. I am a naturalized citizen myself..atleast my parents did it right. I say meet them at the border and pack them on a bus to the nearest military depot and let them serve our country for the freedom that they seek as well as learning our language instead of us learning theirs. Let's see how bad they want to be in the USA. My wife is Vietnamese and she and her family speak great english. Why should I have to learn how to speak spanish in a country that speaks predominatly english. Make you a deal...If I decide to move to mexico, I will speak only spanish. You come here, learn to speak english. I already speak spanish due to my military tours in central and south America but I refuse to speak it in the US. I should not have to. Land of the free? Yeah...free to take advantage of the true citizens who pay for welfare with our taxes so the lazy, poor me, i'm not gonna work leeches make out like bandits. Makes me want to put down my drum sticks and pick up my sniper rifle. See ...you got me started. Peace on ya!

GiveItAll

there are alot of misconceptions about welfare and i see many in this thread, not everyone on welfare is on it because they're "lazy" i work with many people who are on it and for various reasons some didnt even want to go on it but had to so they could support their children..i do agree however that if they really cared about being in his country they wouldnt of had to sneak in they should go through the process like everyone else

SGarrett

ctyjones":28r9m668 said:
A good friend of mine who immigrated from Romania was just reunited with his wife after two years. He came over and it took all that time for him to jump through all the hoops to get himself and his wife legally immigrated. I don't get him started on illegal immigration, becuase the way he sees it is that if he were to sneak in, he could enjoy all the same benefits that he's worked the last two years to get. We should not be awarding people for sneaking in to our country. To be perfectly clear, I welcome LEGAL immigrants to the U.S. with open arms, but not if they're not willing to complete the necessary steps to come in legally.
Food for thought:
Did you know Mexico deports more illegal aliens than the U.S.?
As far as poverty in Mexico goes, I'll give you three guesses where the current richest man in the world lives. Why do we have to take care of theirs when we can hardly take care of our own?
My wife teaches kindergarten. All the signs in her school are written in English and Spanish, she has to have a spanish aid make many of her phone calls home, and she is paid less than another Kinder teacher who only teaches Mexican students. At the same time, she has half a dozen students in one class from Russian, Marshallese, and Chuuk families. All immigrated legally, but those families are expected to learn and cope in an English school, when Spanish speaking students have their own classes, taught in Spanish.

I'm pretty tired, so maybe I should end this little rant while I still can....
stump":28r9m668 said:
Don't get me started. I've seen illegal's get away with literal murder. Where one of us would be getting a needle in our arm they got off by running back to mexico. I am a naturalized citizen myself..atleast my parents did it right. I say meet them at the border and pack them on a bus to the nearest military depot and let them serve our country for the freedom that they seek as well as learning our language instead of us learning theirs. Let's see how bad they want to be in the USA. My wife is Vietnamese and she and her family speak great english. Why should I have to learn how to speak spanish in a country that speaks predominatly english. Make you a deal...If I decide to move to mexico, I will speak only spanish. You come here, learn to speak english. I already speak spanish due to my military tours in central and south America but I refuse to speak it in the US. I should not have to. Land of the free? Yeah...free to take advantage of the true citizens who pay for welfare with our taxes so the lazy, poor me, i'm not gonna work leeches make out like bandits. Makes me want to put down my drum sticks and pick up my sniper rifle. See ...you got me started. Peace on ya!
Hellz. Yeah. Mexico, taking California back one illegal immigrant at a time.

I have friends from Brazil and the UK who immigrated here the right way and they are some upset people. I don't get why the opposition can't just see the simple fact that we just want people to do it the right way. You're more than welcome to come here and make your dreams come true. Just do it the right god damned way and learn how to speak English. As a benefit you won't be taken advantage of by the labor market. You'll just have to pay taxes. My Brazilian friend was able to hold a fluent conversation within six months of getting here and his goal was to be able to speak English as well as an American. I can't stand having to talk to a six year old who's trying his/her best to translate a sale to her parents who haven't taken step one to learn English. As far as the American Dream, look at Indians (from India) and what they accomplish when they get here. They get here, apply for a grant, start/buy a business, live with extended families that all pitch in, and they are highly successful at it. So much so that the architecture of new houses have been taking on a decidedly Indian feel over the past few years...in California at least. The area I live in has one the highest populations of Punjabi Indians and Arabs in America. Until people from Southern and Central Cali started moving up here for the lower standard of living, new neighborhoods were predominantly Indian and Arabian. And you know what? Most of them speak English better than most Americans...including me :D.

Toad

Now you guys got me started. I am a veteran of the armed forces, as well as the son of a WWII vet. I believe in "give me your poor your tired your huddled masses", but DAMMIT do it the legal way. I live in AZ so I see this shit all the time. Wlak onto anyconstruction site and yell,"LA MIGRA" and in 1.2 seconds you and a dog will be the only ones left standing there. My kids education has suffered because the teachers have to take the time to make sure the illegal (mostly hispanic) students can understand the lesson.
Id theft is rampant here because of so many illegals.
I am all for seeking a better life for you and your family but follow the laws of your new chosen homeland.

I think a couple of mine fields and some snipers picking them off as they invade our country would be a great deterrent although PETA and AMnesty INternational and any other bleeding heart groups would go nuts over it.
Whatever.
I do make sure that any contractors I use ONLY use documented or citizen workers and if I can't get that info I do the work myself.