I WILL get it!!!

phoenix7289

Oh my god... I just showed my sister a good picture of this cymbal, and you know what? She's like, it's used! I'm like, WTF?!!! She's like, there's all those holes and dents in it. I am like omfg, that's HAMMERING, that's how they MAKE the cymbal. XD

Wow.. most people can understand that. I am like, um.... wood, wouldn't put dents/holes in METAL.

phoenix7289

Well it turns out I will be getting it indeed... today I took in my old Tama Swingstar to Sam Ash... only got like $75... but still helped... I also took in my B8 20" Ride... >.< now I don't have a ride for a bit... and my extra Sabian 15" AAXtreme Chinese cymbal... those two combined for another $75. So now I will only owe them about $290ish. ^_^ YAY

Howepirate

phoenix7289":m1egdgj1 said:
Well it turns out I will be getting it indeed... today I took in my old Tama Swingstar to Sam Ash... only got like $75... but still helped... I also took in my B8 20" Ride... >.< now I don't have a ride for a bit... and my extra Sabian 15" AAXtreme Chinese cymbal... those two combined for another $75. So now I will only owe them about $290ish. ^_^ YAY
Damn, 290 for a badass Paiste ride isn't bad at all. Good deal for you man.

phoenix7289

Howepirate":31q6v61r said:
phoenix7289":31q6v61r said:
Damn, 290 for a badass Paiste ride isn't bad at all. Good deal for you man.
Thanks... turns out I owe them about $240. But yah, doesn't take away the fact it is a $412 cymbal. XD Everyone should get one though! It has a sound for every kind of music if you ask me!!! And it's BEAUTIFUL!!! THE COLORSOUND CYMBALS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

kylevater

dude with that, you wont even need a set, just go on stage with that and hold it up
people will be amazed
i smell a record deal!

phoenix7289

kylevater":2b9qpurc said:
dude with that, you wont even need a set, just go on stage with that and hold it up
people will be amazed
i smell a record deal!
Haha that's pretty funny actually!!!
Thanks for the idea! Maybe I should try it sometime :p XD

phoenix7289

musicmaker136":2t4qmsvm said:
I So Want It And Yea....There Back....

Ostentatious Blue
yah, I really want to know exactly what the color does to the sound.... if anything other than to make the cymbal look THE coolest.

SheaD

wow, that's beautiful... the only thing is, i just got done reading the thread on cymbals cracking :shock:
how can anyone afford to spend what i suspect is hundreds of dollars a year just on cymbals

phoenix7289

SheaD":jml8ls74 said:
wow, that's beautiful... the only thing is, i just got done reading the thread on cymbals cracking :shock:
how can anyone afford to spend what i suspect is hundreds of dollars a year just on cymbals
Hahahahhaha... I have spent well over $1,000 on cymbals. Not a single one of these nice ones has cracked. ^_^ From AAX to Vault, and New Signature to Latin Percussion.... I have not had a single cymbal crack. And I am a heavy player. And dude.... rides.... if you manage to crack a ride... well then I would say whoever does that... is NOT a drummer. PERIOD.

rundylanrunn

i've cracked a couple of rides. and yes i'm a drummer.

in my defense, they were zildjian meduim rides, which are pretty dang thin for a ride cymbal.

king_friday

phoenix7289":2jylpc2n said:
SheaD":2jylpc2n said:
Hahahahhaha... I have spent well over $1,000 on cymbals. Not a single one of these nice ones has cracked. ^_^ From AAX to Vault, and New Signature to Latin Percussion.... I have not had a single cymbal crack. And I am a heavy player. And dude.... rides.... if you manage to crack a ride... well then I would say whoever does that... is NOT a drummer. PERIOD.
you would be wrong....very wrong.

phoenix7289

rundylanrunn":2cptbb8r said:

in my defense, they were zildjian meduim rides, which are pretty dang thin for a ride cymbal.
oh lol
that's the issue. XD

But still.... what were you doing?? Crashing them REALLY f-ing hard?? XD That's the only way I can imagine you cracking a RIDE. XD

rundylanrunn

yeah, pretty much.

they didn't crack on the edge though. both of them developed a horizontal crack along the bow of the cymbal.

screamkevin

rundylanrunn":mh1jfahi said:

Well there, Rundylanrunn, judging from the pics in your setup, you need to lower your ride, and (I'm betting you do this) quit crashing it. There's a reason it's called a "ride" cymbal. It's not meant to be crashed. I've never even come close to cracking a ride. If you're doing that, you're either crashing on it, or you need to completely and utterly revamp your technique. Dude, seriously. Good God.

rundylanrunn

thanks for the tips kevin, i'll remember them.

yes i do crash on ride cymbals, because i'm a hard hitter and crash cymbals don't last very long for me.

i understand where you're coming from about revamping my technique and such, and i have a lot of respect for traditions and they way things are meant to be played, but i also know what works for me as a drummer. and that's crashing a ride cymbal.

i have lowered both of my cymbals recently, to avoid hitting them too much on the edge since i play them flat, and it's already helping.

also, the cymbal on the right in my picture is a 20" z custom projection crash, not a ride.

again, thanks for the tips!