I was told not to post this for those of you who are Haters.

FiestyRedDrummEr

New member
But...
I got to hang out with Remo Belli today!
There. I said it. Yes.
Yes I did. I met him when I was 14. And jammed with him and my dad. But today we went to lunch me, my dad, Remo, and Mike Portnoy.
Yeah.
They talked shop all day about a new product. But I got to tagg along.
Picutres will be up soon!

Cyn
 

mattcore

New member
Theee Mike Portnoy!!!!!!! I would have been like a giddy little girl! Im super jealous... Seriously.
btw, how did you score lunch with those guys?
 

FiestyRedDrummEr

New member
mattcore":1tgv2ixe said:
Theee Mike Portnoy!!!!!!! I would have been like a giddy little girl! Im super jealous... Seriously.
btw, how did you score lunch with those guys?
Well my Dad has known Remo for a super long time. and he occasionally works on product concepts with the company. So when I was 14 he and my dad went to lunch. and I tagged along. It was a super fancy place so I had to wear this geeky horrid dress. And I'm not much of a girly girl i hate dresses. And I really didn't pay much attention to them talking cause none of it made sense to me at the time. Well we went back to his office and they were still talking..
I was alittle disinterested at this point, until he stood up and got on his set and started to jam. That perked my ears up. I watched him play and probably drooled on myself. And he then asked me to play something for him. I almost died. I sat down and played some simple jazz stuff and then tried laying down my fill that i had been working on, and I messed up! I turned so red.

I Think it took me a few weeks to get over that. but he was an amazing guy. Very nice. And yesterday I got the call all early in the morning from my dad saying he was going to lunch with Remo and a guest. He asked if I could tag along so I dicthed class for the day.
Mike Portnoy is a very nice guy, he shook my hand and said they were cold. opps.
But I was expecting a drum god, but What I saw was a very professional man. Little to no ego.
 

automaster31

New member
As far as meeting drumming idols, I met Dave Weckl at my High School a few years ago, which rose my interest in the kit pretty high, on to the level that it is now. Nice job on meeting Portnoy. Good luck on meeting Vinnie. I've still got a long ways to go to reach my goals: Jon Wysocki of Staind, Chad Szeliga of Breaking benjamin, and Danny Craig of Default. Maybe someday in the nezt 5 years...
 

iatemygoat

New member
automaster31":1xah3ncl said:
As far as meeting drumming idols, I met Dave Weckl at my High School a few years ago, which rose my interest in the kit pretty high, on to the level that it is now. Nice job on meeting Portnoy. Good luck on meeting Vinnie. I've still got a long ways to go to reach my goals: Jon Wysocki of Staind, Chad Szeliga of Breaking benjamin, and Danny Craig of Default. Maybe someday in the nezt 5 years...
i want to meet Vitek of Decapitated. if my band plays its cards right hopefully ill be sharing the stage with them in December!!!
 

SINISTER

New member
iatemygoat":39s71us8 said:
cool beans!! i shook hands with kevin talley once. thats pretty much my only super star meeting story.

Dude I got to smoke a joint and drink beers with Kevin, George Kollias and the drummer from Chthonic when we played with Nile, Daath and Chthonic on Aug 11 @ station 4..........Kool dudes for sure

Try Doing sound check with those fuckers looking at you.........intimidating to...say...the....least....right?
 

iatemygoat

New member
SINISTER":f7hye9rr said:
iatemygoat":f7hye9rr said:
cool beans!! i shook hands with kevin talley once. thats pretty much my only super star meeting story.

Dude I got to smoke a joint and drink beers with Kevin, George Kollias and the drummer from Chthonic when we played with Nile, Daath and Chthonic on Aug 11 @ station 4..........Kool dudes for sure

Try Doing sound check with those fuckers looking at you.........intimidating to...say...the....least....right?
haha i bet. i met him when he was on tour with Daath and Cattle Decapitation. he shook my hand after our set and said "great job man, your feet were fucking awsome" all i could say was thank you and when he walked away i gave one of those looks to my guitar player like a girl would after talking to the hunky popular guy in school. haha
 

Potatoe Snack

New member
iatemygoat":2bd52ano said:
automaster31":2bd52ano said:
As far as meeting drumming idols, I met Dave Weckl at my High School a few years ago, which rose my interest in the kit pretty high, on to the level that it is now. Nice job on meeting Portnoy. Good luck on meeting Vinnie. I've still got a long ways to go to reach my goals: Jon Wysocki of Staind, Chad Szeliga of Breaking benjamin, and Danny Craig of Default. Maybe someday in the nezt 5 years...
i want to meet Vitek of Decapitated. if my band plays its cards right hopefully ill be sharing the stage with them in December!!!
is that the singer? i dont remember names, i met the singer last year when we played with them. Them and Krisiun are cool guys.
 

iatemygoat

New member
Potatoe Snack":39yajn1t said:
iatemygoat":39yajn1t said:
automaster31":39yajn1t said:
As far as meeting drumming idols, I met Dave Weckl at my High School a few years ago, which rose my interest in the kit pretty high, on to the level that it is now. Nice job on meeting Portnoy. Good luck on meeting Vinnie. I've still got a long ways to go to reach my goals: Jon Wysocki of Staind, Chad Szeliga of Breaking benjamin, and Danny Craig of Default. Maybe someday in the nezt 5 years...
i want to meet Vitek of Decapitated. if my band plays its cards right hopefully ill be sharing the stage with them in December!!!
is that the singer? i dont remember names, i met the singer last year when we played with them. Them and Krisiun are cool guys.
no its the drummer. why would i want to meet the singer? i mean yeah id like to meet them all but..nevermind.
 
Top