i need some spare drum heads

xdoseonex

dw drum heads are not good, neither are tama, mapex,pearl or any factory heads

evans, remo, aquarian, attack,
those are the real drumhead companies

FelterSkelter

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't factory heads usually made by either REMO or EVANS? I know they aren't the best heads you can put on a kit but they must be decent, no?

drummer912

yea, but i was talkin bout ACTUAL remo and evans heads, not remo UX stock heads. :lol: but im sure you can make them sound at least decent if u know how to tune.

screamkevin

The DW Heads are good. Neil Peart uses them on his toms in his new setup.

What I do for spare heads is buy the heads that I want on my drums new (in this case, Evans ST dry on the snare, and clear G2's for the toms), change the heads, then put the old ones in the head boxes and toss them into the band trailer. I actually have 2 spare sets of heads for each drum on my kit right now.

xdoseonex

screamkevin":10hsltkb said:
The DW Heads are good. Neil Peart uses them on his toms in his new setup.

What I do for spare heads is buy the heads that I want on my drums new (in this case, Evans ST dry on the snare, and clear G2's for the toms), change the heads, then put the old ones in the head boxes and toss them into the band trailer. I actually have 2 spare sets of heads for each drum on my kit right now.
im sceptical. all the dw heads i'v head made the drums sound funny. i believe theyre remos backstock. arent those heads backstock for a reason?

screamkevin

I don't know, I don't play Remo heads. All I know is that if the DW heads are good enough for Neil, they're good enough for anyone.

xdoseonex

i cant believe neil peart uses dw heads. hes got some of the best sounding rums i'v ever heard. and when you say his name make sure you pronounce it right. p-ee-rt. long "e" as in ear. i never hear anyone say his name properly and cant help but to correct them when the decide to take the "a" out and pronounce it pert

Rob the Drummer

DW heads are made specially for DW by Remo. From the DW website: "DW drumheads are a special design made exclusively for DW by Remo. They have pressed counter-hoops and a sharp angle around the bearing edge. This combination of factors allows the head to sit better on the bearing edge and produces a very resonate and clear tone. DW heads can be special ordered through your local authorized DW dealer."

How can you bash DW in another thread and in this thread say they are some of the best drums you've ever heard? :p

devilspain

xdoseonex":hg2r15ph said:
dw drum heads are not good, neither are tama, mapex,pearl or any factory heads

evans, remo, aquarian, attack,
those are the real drumhead companies
my mapex saturn came with remo bass ebony reso head and powerstroke 3. all have the mapex logo on the heads. the toms were remo ambassadors, both top and bottom. all have mapex logo.

its the remo UT heads the cheap crap you get in below semi pro kits.

MeekaFlow

Right now i got some evans heads i guess ill go with those iv played my friends pearl kit hes got some remo heads on his they sounds pretty good.