I need some help, seriously.

The MP

I am getting pissed, i havent played set for a couple days, i get behind it and now i cannot go over 200 bpm on my double bass anymore and ive been flying before that, i even hit the 250 mark. But just a couple min. ago i tried with my iron cobras and my right foot is falling apart, it tightens up and shit comes out, someone have any answers?

BillRayDrums

Some days are better than others?

No really, here's the deal. You are thinking too hard about it. That's it.

I used to have students play to a metronome and I would keep the "number" a secret from them. The ones who were after speed, I would tell them that they were 15 beats slower than they actually were. So, when they were playing 135 I would say "that's 120" and so on.

Gotta get away from that number thing. That number thing isn't gonna give you any feel or soul (and yes, DM has gotta have a bit of soul to it....blackened soul but soul nonetheless...).

The MP

BillRayDrums":2ey386ha said:

I used to have students play to a metronome and I would keep the "number" a secret from them. The ones who were after speed, I would tell them that they were 15 beats slower than they actually were. So, when they were playing 135 I would say "that's 120" and so on.

Gotta get away from that number thing. That number thing isn't gonna give you any feel or soul (and yes, DM has gotta have a bit of soul to it....blackened soul but soul nonetheless...).
This would make sense, i had some things on my mind, i dont consider me a deathy guy i just listin to everything and try to figure it all out, im well rounded but ive been a metal head for a couple months, but yea thx

SGarrett

BillRayDrums":jgvwkg0h said:

Outstanding advice.

xdoseonex

SGarrett":8rv45jyn said:
BillRayDrums":8rv45jyn said:

Outstanding advice.
as is his nature

xdoseonex

just practice slower for consistancy. dont wory about what number your hitting bring the speed down a ittle and gt it back. once your back in the groove you'll be able to hit those speeds again. dont just take ur pedal and set your metronome and try to hit a number, its gonna be less likely to happed. kinda like eating an eigth of mushrooms and saying "am i tripping yet?, it didnt kick in yet, these things arent working.