i need some excercises

disrupt13

can anyone recommend any thing for me to work on?
preferably endurance, or independence,
i really need to get out of this slump.

and soon im looking to get a new kit,

can anyone tell me about 20 inch kicks instead of 22?

randomdrum

Smaller kicks are punchier and slightly higher pitched, which isn't particularly noticeable depending on how you tune it. I have a 20"x18" and it's lovely. It's all personal preference of course.

Mitchell?

Yeah, it really comes down to personal preference really.

Kicks sized from 18" to 26" all sound good, tuned well of course, you just have to find the one that works for you.

And we can't help too much with that.

disrupt13

i would like to try a small size, a punchier one. but i dont wanna buy it and not like it,

is their any difference in feel?

randomdrum

Not that I noticed really. If anything I liked it more. Same again really, personal settings and preferences

Mitchell?

You most likely won't feel the difference between a 20" kick and a 22" kick.

Maybe between a 16" and a 26" but...

That's obs.

stump

Go to the Lessons section of the forum and check out what Homki has posted. Talk about some sic workouts! P.O.Y!

Praying Hands

Get "Stick Control" by George Lawrence Stone! It has rudiments for you to work on that will last you your life.
It is a grey paperback book that you can buy at Sam Ash or Guitar Center with a picture of a Colonial Snare Drummer on the front.

Trust me, it helps a lot with coordination and theory.

vincemie

^^^^^^^^^^i was gonna mention the exact same book, get a pad, metronome and that book and sticks and go to town

antiunderscores

a few simple exercises i thrash out on my legs is paradiddles, double strokes and blast beats. I do paradiddles and double strokes for a few bars between my hands, then between one hand one foot then between the same hand and a different foot and keep going until i have done every combination between all of them. And i just practice blast beats because i suck at them and i believe they develop my hand/foot co-ordination.

But once you want to expand on that do as others said and get a book.

disrupt13

stump":2re1l9ao said:
Go to the Lessons section of the forum and check out what Homki has posted. Talk about some sic workouts! P.O.Y!

thank you for reminding me,

and i might go pick that book up, thank you.