I need help on figuring out what to buy....

Which would be better for me based on what I describe in the opening post...

• Paiste RUDE hi hats to replace cheap ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tama Swingstar Bass drum to make it so i can do faster beats like i want to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

phoenix7289

Ok, so I have help from a friend to buy virtually anything that is say $300 or less... we are going to kind of split it cuz she is nice, like, amazingly nice.

Few things I want....

Paiste RUDE Hi hats- $307
Tama Swingstar Bassdrum 22x18- $270
Some really nice crash or ride....
Another snare drum for a different sound....

Ok, so I need another bass drum for one, KIND OF, because I like playing insanely fast beats... but I also could use new hi hats. Mine are pretty crappy and cracked. And also, I am not able yet to properly drum the double way.... So tell me, by perhaps a poll for a simple way for me to see what you all think together, and then also explain your reasoning. I need help. Because I need both, but I can't make up my mind, and I don't have that kind of money for both.... So either, make my hats really nice to go along with the Tama HH905 Iron Cobra hi hat stand, or add another bass drum.... perhaps I can just wait or something and buy an additional set to add on?! gahhh you all tell me!!!

The Heel

Hi-hats are forever.

I buy the Hi-hats. What do you hit on your kit more often then you're hats?

I never understand how guys can play crappy hi-hats. To me their as important as my snare sound.

loop

If I were in your shoes I'd buy hihats, especially when your current ones are cracked. After that, buy the second bassdrum or a double pedal :)

phoenix7289

Well, I'll take your guys advice and highly consider the hats. Afterall, they'll make my set amazing :p
However I am kinda against the double pedal lol, but I may have no choice... we'll see. Keep those thoughts coming!!!

Dale

Well it's a tough life when one has to make such choices. :)

I'd base my choice on which instrument plays the most notes. Yours hats have a predominant role in that area. So I'd go with decent hi hats. The other stuff is not as necessary and can be added later.

Later on I'd get a double pedal because two kicks are heavy to lug around and cannot fit on all stages.

phoenix7289

Dale":1jgxhpn9 said:
Well it's a tough life when one has to make such choices. :)

I'd base my choice on which instrument plays the most notes. Yours hats have a predominant role in that area. So I'd go with decent hi hats. The other stuff is not as necessary and can be added later.

Later on I'd get a double pedal because two kicks are heavy to lug around and cannot fit on all stages.
This isssss true....

iplaydrums1

as for ride cymbals, i got myself an a custom ride that wasnt too expensive that lasted me YEARS. and as of now i have a sabian dark ride that was about 250$...id definately recommend that, if you can get it.

i found that the joey jordison snare drum is amazing, it tunes great BUT as for looks, some people are bothered by it.

check out the new Tama Warlord snares......expensive and hell but god theyre beautiful and great sounding too!

phoenix7289

iplaydrums1":1oshyzn4 said:
as for ride cymbals, i got myself an a custom ride that wasnt too expensive that lasted me YEARS. and as of now i have a sabian dark ride that was about 250$...id definately recommend that, if you can get it.

i found that the joey jordison snare drum is amazing, it tunes great BUT as for looks, some people are bothered by it.

check out the new Tama Warlord snares......expensive and hell but god theyre beautiful and great sounding too!
yah...

phoenix7289

seandude":2kqrtlct said:
get a bass drum it will look kick ass! 8)
I'm aware it will look kickass.... but to the trained eye of some drummers, they'll notice the hi hats first. Which will be amazing. Wanna back up why I should get the bass???