i need help on a choice for a good custom set w/o heavy pric

anavrinIV

conaway, epiarch, phattie

also go over to the ghostnote boards and check out those guys. most of them own small companies that have excellent craftsmanship and would love your business.

Sway

don know about cheap but if your going to get custom drums you should look into how drums are made and how different woods sound. That way you can better pick what you want and how you want it built so you dont say one thing and they give you somthing else by accident.

lowdrummer

You might find it hard to find a cheap custom drum company. You honestly pay for the name, the Majority of custom drum companies use standard kellar shells, buy all the lugs and stuff, and you pretty much end up paying thouands of dollars for your choice of finish. I know DW makes there shells from scratch, and so does he higher end Tamas, Pearls, and most other companies. Those are what I would go with.

Sway

Yeah i agree with homeboy above me too. You can gt almost anything youll want from other drum companies. I mean your a customer and they want your money and any drum company is going to stick it to you on the prices. What im doing is ordering the shells for my drums with holes drilled already and pretty much everything done. Then from there its just an assembly job. You can find instructions at drumdojo.com. Thats honestly the cheapest way to do it cause theyll charge a bunch for labor and you can get it finished at a car body shop or somthing.

robfc

meinldude69":3ik50zje said:
i wus lookin around the lesser known brands
i.e SJC,UDrum, Shine to name a few

any suggestions? i appreciate it
Hey man,

Im endorsed by SJC custom drums and they are fucking awesome.

Great guys, great drums, and great service!

I would seriously consider going with them.

meinldude69

robfc":3c5z7l66 said:
meinldude69":3c5z7l66 said:
i wus lookin around the lesser known brands
i.e SJC,UDrum, Shine to name a few

any suggestions? i appreciate it
Hey man,

Im endorsed by SJC custom drums and they are fucking awesome.

Great guys, great drums, and great service!

I would seriously consider going with them.
do u hav any pics and specs??

Benhamin

Sway":mos9kj2k said:
Yeah i agree with homeboy above me too. You can gt almost anything youll want from other drum companies. I mean your a customer and they want your money and any drum company is going to stick it to you on the prices. What im doing is ordering the shells for my drums with holes drilled already and pretty much everything done. Then from there its just an assembly job. You can find instructions at drumdojo.com. Thats honestly the cheapest way to do it cause theyll charge a bunch for labor and you can get it finished at a car body shop or somthing.
where did you find a place that would drill the lug holes?
i was going to order my shells and assemble
but i cant find a place that would drill the holes
that wasnt asking like 10 bucks a hole.