I met Shannon Larkin the other night...

Timekeep69

from Godsmack. I always thought he was a great drummer. He put on a great show but when I talked to him after the show, I don't konw if he was drunk or tired but it was like talking to Jeff Spicoli.

masonvonritchie

I used to love Godsmack but after Awake I stopped listening. Larkin is a very good drummer though. Much MUCH more aggresive than Tommy Stewart.

Adonis2121

masonvonritchie":2s2i4hqk said:
I used to love Godsmack but after Awake I stopped listening. Larkin is a very good drummer though. Much MUCH more aggresive than Tommy Stewart.
Actually I didnt like Tommy Stewart at first because he seem mechanical , then I saw a Vid of them live in concert and he was killer!
I liked him after that. Hes also pretty good with Lo-Pro, his new band.

masonvonritchie

I've never listened to Lo-pro but i've heard they're pretty good. I actually hated godsmack when i first heard of them because i thought they were a complete rip off of alice in chains, which they pretty much are. but i listened to the whole album, went to a concert and after that i loved them... until Faceless came out.

screamkevin

Remember, though, kids, that Tommy never played on the first 2 Godsmack albums. He joined the band in time for their first headlining tour.

The drums on the first 2 Godsmack albums were played by Sully Erna, Godsmack's original drummer and lead singer.

Adonis2121

masonvonritchie":2vcbq5tw said:
I've never listened to Lo-pro but i've heard they're pretty good. I actually hated godsmack when i first heard of them because i thought they were a complete rip off of alice in chains, which they pretty much are. but i listened to the whole album, went to a concert and after that i loved them... until Faceless came out.
They have a myspace
http://www.myspace.com/lopromusic

NWCrusher

I've seen both drummers, and I was partial to Tommy Stewart. He had a strong attack, and pocket. While Shannon Larkin is good, he possesses a loose, spastic type approach that lacked a bit in the power department.

I saw Shannon not only in Wrathchild america, but also Candlebox, and he's just too loose for my liking.

It's probably just a matter of preferrence, but I favored Tommys power. Tommy has also been drumming for the band Fuel.

REVEREND_HUDSON

I have been a fan of Larkin's for some years. Dude is insane. Not only do I like his drum sound these days, I liked his work in Wrathchild etc. Loose? Sure, but I weight feeling over technicalprowess anyday. The same reason I like Jimmy Page over Yngwie Malmstein......

Multibomber

I got news for you guys: On their albums, Shannon and Tommy played whatever Sully told them to play, period no questions asked. Every snare, kick, and cymbal had to be approved by Sully before it went on the tracks. That being said, I liked Shannon's live performances better. Saw them with Metallica 4 years ago and they literally out-Metallica-ed Metallica.

Lars is too shitty now. Boy did they sound amazing with Joey Jordison at the 2005 Download Festival

SmellsLikeIan

Multibomber":exs0a010 said:
I got news for you guys: On their albums, Shannon and Tommy played whatever Sully told them to play, period no questions asked. Every snare, kick, and cymbal had to be approved by Sully before it went on the tracks. That being said, I liked Shannon's live performances better. Saw them with Metallica 4 years ago and they literally out-Metallica-ed Metallica.

Lars is too shitty now. Boy did they sound amazing with Joey Jordison at the 2005 Download Festival
YYEEEE HAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!

We found yet another way to turn a thread into a Lars bashing party!!!!!

:wink: :wink:

Timekeep69

SmellsLikeIan":3nokgslk said:
Multibomber":3nokgslk said:

YYEEEE HAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!

We found yet another way to turn a thread into a Lars bashing party!!!!!

:wink: :wink:
Really, the saddest part is that this thread is from over a year ago.

EOTE_drummer

Timekeep69":2866d7io said:
from Godsmack. I always thought he was a great drummer. He put on a great show but when I talked to him after the show, I don't konw if he was drunk or tired but it was like talking to Jeff Spicoli.
holy crap me 2! i actually got one 2 post about it!!! he wasnt playing with godsmack though, it was a side project band called "Another Animal", which consists of all the members of godsmack except a different lead singer. they opened for Alter Bridge (RAPED!! GO SCOTT PHILLIPS!!!) and they did a fantastic job. shanon was really fun to watch live. and if you havent seen Another Animal, i would suggest to check em out!