i know this gets old but DB help?

ccrdrums

call me a noob or whatever you want but im looking for an intermediate double bass pedal not a cobra or anything right now im using a VEX but it just is a poorly made pedal

sorry :lol:

found_drummer

DW makes a ton of double bass pedal models, ranging from $200 to $500. A decent set of pedals will probably set you back about $200 (at least if you want double-bass playing like metal drummers, because they will encounter a TON of wear and tear).

If you have the cash to put down, I HIGHLY recommend Pearl Eliminators. I've had my set for almost 7 years, and they haven't died on me yet. I have the strap-drive, but their double-chain drive is also excellent. Those will set you back about $350 if you buy them online, but you'll be getting what you pay for!

The pedals that are below $200 like Pulse or Pacific will be nice at the beginning, but I've seen them fall apart all the time from standard playing.

So save up for a good set of pedals, and they will last longer than any bargain set.

drumshark

Dude, if your looking for a strong pedal that wont let you down, get a Mapex P580A, its only $175 and i LOVE it, or, the DW 7000, its $220 and is also a great pedal, i prefer the mapex more, but thats just my opinion.

dwtoast72

DWDWDWDW!!!!! for intermediate, anyway.
That's actually the one peice of hardwware (sorry, I studdered there) along with my hat stand that isn't dw. So, when you're ready for the cobra, it's ready for you!!!!

Howepirate

dwtoast72":1klf9ki8 said:
DWDWDWDW!!!!! for intermediate, anyway.
That's actually the one peice of hardwware (sorry, I studdered there) along with my hat stand that isn't dw. So, when you're ready for the cobra, it's ready for you!!!!
DW pedals will teach you speed. Remember Ebay is a great tool. I got my axis x longboards off of there for 330$ and the guy included a set of shortboard footplates and the sonic hammers which i didnt like but i can sell em u know?

drumschick07

If you're looking to go cheap I would go with Pacifics NOT PULSE. The Pacifics are like a hundred bucks and they last. I have them.