I just had to post this...

Llama_Dude

Im sure a lot of you have seen the classic buddy rich vs. animal vedio if not here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDU-ZyBQRnQ

any way some kid said this...

"i'm eight years old and have been playing drums for 2 weeks and i can safely say and confirm that animal is shits over buddy rich and you are all losers "

God, that made me laugh so hard I almost cried. I think its really funny becuase i'm currently kissing buddy's ass and so is the large majority of the drumming community. just too good!

BillRayDrums

What's sad is that kids these days from what I've witnessed are lacking respect for their peers (not just us curmudgeons) and are dazzled by the glitz/glamour types over those with actual substance.

That, my friends is why the music industry bestowed the likes of Britney Spears unto us. Oh, and Paris Hilton too. And people actually buy their stuff. Oh well to each their own I guess.

Going to sleep now- just got home from a gig and I have 8 more before Sunday is over. I feel like I'm on tour, and I've not even left town. :)

FelterSkelter

BillRayDrums":5dfhi183 said:
What's sad is that kids these days from what I've witnessed are lacking respect for their peers (not just us curmudgeons) and are dazzled by the glitz/glamour types over those with actual substance.

That, my friends is why the music industry bestowed the likes of Britney Spears unto us. Oh, and Paris Hilton too. And people actually buy their stuff. Oh well to each their own I guess.

Going to sleep now- just got home from a gig and I have 8 more before Sunday is over. I feel like I'm on tour, and I've not even left town. :)
I used to get real bent out of shape over this kind of thing. Now I just think of it as 'there is music and then there is entertainment'. I try my hardest not to confuse the two.

vahnn

A lot of people my age don't respect the great forefathers of drumming. A lot of them can't even have respect for modern day greats who don't sit behind some band like Slipknot or Blink 182, such as Thomas Lang, among others. "Thomas who?!"

Not to say those guys aren't good, i have a lot of respect for Travis Barker, Joey, and other popular-band-drummers. Hell, they're what got me started. But what's the point on ragging on drummers just because they aren't backed by a powerhouse metal or punk band?

There's a wealth of things to learn and pick up on, from every drummer out there, big, little, popular to the unknown, from the oldies to the new ones, and everything in between!