I just got the shock of my life

automaster31

One of my best friends, last night told my fiance that he wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. Now, I was unaware of this til this morning when i called her. She told me to not worry about him, that I was the only one who mattered to her. I believe her, but I'm scared. Her last ex called her yesterday and started in with his crap. She told me this cause she can't keep anything from me. I just told her, ride it out, I can't bear to see her in the pain he put her through before. I was talking to an old friend last night, he told me he'd help out. Did he ever! She told me last night that he chewed her out big time. I just want to make sure things work out. We both know that we want each other more than anything. But, at our age (she's 17, I'm 18), nobody believes us except our close friends. Without them, I don't know if we would have made it. I'm just worried as hell. I want to spend the rest of our lives together, but after my best friend started in... I hope things get better soon... Spring can't come soon enough!! Thanks for hearing me out, guys...

Rant over

-BMW

SGarrett

My only question is, why does this worry you? You either trust her or you don't, there's really no middle ground here. You should be more concerned about your friend than your fiance.

automaster31

After the past week, I just want to get outta my house, but insurance... that's what's holding me back. The only thing left is to believe isn't it?

thanks, Scott

-Brad

SGarrett

You're welcome. My wife has had many admirers in the time we've been together. I take it as flattering. :)

Yeah, insurance is a pain. Necessary, but still a pain.

automaster31

I need this family... It really FEELS like home, ya know? I did get a strong vote of confidence though. The mother-in-law told me that I can stay with them for awhile if I need anything. They haven't had a man living with them for at least 16 years. I may just take them up on it.

SGarrett

If you need to get out, by all means go. I moved out of my dad's house within the week after I graduated from high school.

okjohne

Don't take this wrong but you sound young and I would consider things carefully. No hurry, should be a young persons motto. I mean really, What is the hurry? Nice people are great but there are lots of them and starting a relationship in the hole has it's drawbacks. Love rules and is often misplaced. You can quote me on that.

MasterShake89

okjohne":1n76wsdd said:
Don't take this wrong but you sound young and I would consider things carefully. No hurry, should be a young persons motto. I mean really, What is the hurry? Nice people are great but there are lots of them and starting a relationship in the hole has it's drawbacks. Love rules and is often misplaced. You can quote me on that.

i aggree. seriously you are 18. dont worry about spending the rest of your life with someone until you're older. I'm only 19, and my years 15-18 were spent with one girl i thought i'd be with for the rest of my life. turns out we broke up, shit happens. dont look for the grand slam on your first at bat, theres tons of girls out there. and not to be cynical, dont let one person hold you down your whole life unless youre completely sure thats who you want Forever.

Alan_

I mean, I moved out when I was 17, but the only reason for that was I got a full scholarship to college. I didn't completely "settle down" with someone seriously until last year. I thought I knew what being in love is from a few long-term relationships I had , but it turns out I had no idea as my current sweetie blew my mind. it's a whole nother level from anyone else I've dated.

SGarrett

My wife moved in with me just before she turned 18, to help take care of me when I broke my ankle. Her parents were also horrible to her and she needed to get out. Not out of desperation, but for her own mental and emotional health. I'm really glad we never listened to all of the people who told us it would never work. It was 13 years together on Aug. 29th and will be one year of marriage on Oct. 17th.

kylevater

SGarrett":mlue6gzt said:
My wife moved in with me just before she turned 18, to help take care of me when I broke my ankle. Her parents were also horrible to her and she needed to get out. Not out of desperation, but for her own mental and emotional health. I'm really glad we never listened to all of the people who told us it would never work. It was 13 years together on Aug. 29th and will be one year of marriage on Oct. 17th.

awwwwww

Ampatent

Wait.... your engaged at the age of 18? And you said she is 17? Isn't that illegal, or can you get engaged at any age?

MasterShake89

he said she moved in with him. but yes, thats very sweet. unfortunately, the only relationships i've seen with high school sweethearts around here have ended in divorce. good for you though, keep up the healthy relationship, they're hard to come by these days.