I have huge feet. What's a good pedal type for me?

aztec1

I'm trying to learn double strokes on the bass with a single pedal. I don't like dual pedals. I am pretty sure I like the heel toe method the best, but I'm not 100% positive because my feet are too big to do it easily on my stock PDP pedal. Even playing single strokes, I find myself playing with the tips of my toes, not only to get more leverage, but the rebound is nicer.

Is there a recommended pedal for people with big feet, or do I just need to work on my technique or placement more? Money is a bit of an object, but I'm willing to save and spend what it takes to get some quality.

FastEddie

the only pedal i seen out there so far with extra length added to the pedal is axis longboards. i just bought a pair do the not only do they give you 2 1/2 inches mroe but its so smooth an easier to play. and the drive system is different in its self. go out to a guitar center try them out see what you think. thats about all i can think for a better length. keep up the playing!

aztec1

Thanks for your help, I've been googling for big pedals for days with no luck. These Longboards sound like the right way to go. They are expensive though, jeez. I guess you get what you pay for.

A trip to guitar center is long overdue anyway :twisted:

aztec1

Thanks loop, there's some great info in those threads. Sounds like everyone agrees that the best thing to do is to just try try them. Unfortunately I couldn't make out the the local GC before it closed...maybe next weekend.

my fet are big also but i just worked on my technek but that took to damn long then i tryed the longboards and it was way beter im savin up for em right now

aztec1

Thanks for your help everyone. I went to the local GC and they did not have Longboards. I did try the regular type Axis though, I can't decide if they feel right or not, but they seem to be made really good. I may need to re-evaluate the whole pedal thing, these direct link pedals feel pretty wierd.

Howepirate

aztec1":spasq0fg said:
Thanks for your help everyone. I went to the local GC and they did not have Longboards. I did try the regular type Axis though, I can't decide if they feel right or not, but they seem to be made really good. I may need to re-evaluate the whole pedal thing, these direct link pedals feel pretty wierd.
They take time to get used to but once you do their amazing to use!

xdoseonex

DRUMSMYWIFE":33z8rwxv said:
lol get the Yamaha Flying Dragon direct drive!
he said for big feet, that pedal doesnt have an extended footboard. like i said the axis longboards or the trick bigfoot pedals are by far your best option

iatemygoat

as for you trying to find them at ur local GC, good luck.

as for the feel of them, they definately take a while to get used to. if youve never used direct drive before it is definately an experience.

but i would suggest continuing to try and find someone with longboards to keep testing their feel. go on local music forums and post some stuff seeing if anyone will let you jam out on them for an hour or so.