I have drum tunessss

Howepirate

www.myspace.com/briansdrumtunes

I HAVE DRUMS RECORDEDDDDDDD LISTEN TO ITTTTTT.

A lot of it is us screwing around in my garage and whatnot but the rest is ACTUAL songs so its no solo/groove/performance style stuff. Its just me screwing around and playing our songs.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

drumsforlife

did you record with the triggers? if so, sounds amazing. Sounds pretty good anyway. I bet it's friggin awesome with the rest of the band...keep it up man!

Howepirate

drumsforlife":276zz94e said:
did you record with the triggers? if so, sounds amazing. Sounds pretty good anyway. I bet it's friggin awesome with the rest of the band...keep it up man!
Yup bass drum is ALL triggers.

drumsforlife

right on man! can you deal with a lil constructive criticism from a recording engineer's standpoint? nothing wrong with your drumming, it's actually kick ass. But the drums being by themselves and all, the kick sounds a bit too loud in your overall mix. I'm pretty sure it has to be damn loud to cut through guitars, but for drums by themselves, I usually come back a bit on the kick. Not knockin' ya, just wanted to point that out and ask did you mean to have them that hot? From a recording engineer's standpoint, I appreciate when other engineers bring up stuff to me, cause sometimes I might not have heard it, and I thank them. Anyway, keep kickin' ass bro!

Howepirate

drumsforlife":2evybc96 said:
right on man! can you deal with a lil constructive criticism from a recording engineer's standpoint? nothing wrong with your drumming, it's actually kick ass. But the drums being by themselves and all, the kick sounds a bit too loud in your overall mix. I'm pretty sure it has to be damn loud to cut through guitars, but for drums by themselves, I usually come back a bit on the kick. Not knockin' ya, just wanted to point that out and ask did you mean to have them that hot? From a recording engineer's standpoint, I appreciate when other engineers bring up stuff to me, cause sometimes I might not have heard it, and I thank them. Anyway, keep kickin' ass bro!
Oh yah i turned the module down a bit. Hopefully since the guitars are tuned fairly low the bass will just mix right in. I dont like a seriously clicky bass sound thats like way out there in the mix so i used one of the actual bass drum samples on the dtxpress. Sounds better through the PA more boomy and stuff but it came out short-sounded right from the mixing board. Thanks for the CC man.

Its really good. I wish i could play double kick like you, hitting 32nd notes and what not. All i have to criticize on is, on brief parts the double kicks are a tiny bit off. But nothing too noticable. I can see you going far with those skills.

Howepirate

justanotherdrummer":a3gw5sej said:
Its really good. I wish i could play double kick like you, hitting 32nd notes and what not. All i have to criticize on is, on brief parts the double kicks are a tiny bit off. But nothing too noticable. I can see you going far with those skills.
Yeah yesterday i accidentally deleted the kit off of my module that was holding the trigger samples so the sensitivity is way to high so theres a bit of false triggering. I was also nervous because i work really hard on this stuff so i was tryin not to mess up at all but thanks for the compliments and the criticism!

Howepirate

seandude":izfb5pq7 said:
my feet are crying
how long did it take u to be come so good? what did u mostly practice?
Ive actually been playing on double pedals since i first had my drumset but i never really worked on it other than accenting/groove stuff. Its taken me about a year to get the double pedal work down and its still a little rocky for my tastes but ive got the skill and the know-how, now i just need the stagetime and the experience.

What i mostly practiced is doing a lot of run arounds of the kit. Try grooving with a double bass or just try doing 4/4 drops and throw a 16th note kick under it because thats really hard. It just takes a ton of practice and a band thats in need of that speed.

seandude

well ur only like 15 or idk but for urage ur so good u have alog way to go//

whats that song with he angles dipped in llood n ur pro..i like it

Howepirate

seandude":1hyakvz3 said:
well ur only like 15 or idk but for urage ur so good u have alog way to go//

whats that song with he angles dipped in llood n ur pro..i like it
Oh that'd be ummmmm.....Autumn Tint of Gold by Through the eyes of the dead. Sick song man. Oh and for the record im 17. Been playing since i was 14.

xdoseonex

haha, your bass drums are so loud. not bad tho, the kicks sound a bit sloppy at points but overall it sounds good you gotta tell me a bit abut triggering. i know you have e triggers, what module do you have? how do you run it?
what kinda speaker do you use? do you have it running through a mixing board?
the more im listening to this the more it makes me want triggers so bad.

Howepirate

xdoseonex":10u4pjso said:
haha, your bass drums are so loud. not bad tho, the kicks sound a bit sloppy at points but overall it sounds good you gotta tell me a bit abut triggering. i know you have e triggers, what module do you have? how do you run it?
Yeah like i said. My module got effed up yesterday so everythings ultra sensitive and a wee bit off.

I couldnt be happier with that Dtxpress module though. That thing gets the job done well. I have the sample under the large K for a big kick drum sound and the sample is number 3 basic kick sound. I edited the tune of the kick a little bit through the voice settings.

We recorded that directly from a USB mixing board into our bassists laptop. The PA speakers we have came from Shredzmusic (an ebay store) and tho theyre generic they do the job very very well. Titanium horns and 2 15"s per housing.

Triggerings a verrry cool thing. With modules you can play to a click thats extremely precise (which ive been doing lately for accuracy) and you can get SOOOO many different sounds from a module. The E-kits work great but im in need of a new bass head soooo bad. Mine has gotten to the point that its so stretched that it puts serious vibrations in my pedal and sometimes causes false triggering but is easily fixed by editing the sensitivity.

Triggering makes you a lot more precise man. You can hear EVERY stroke and you better make it good and powerful or the module wont pick it up unless u have serious high sensitivity which...leads to false triggering.

Overall im very happy with the triggers and i can always turn the module off or just turn the kicks off on the module and hear how loud im playing to a click or a song or whatever. To sum it all up.... I LOVE EM!

dave lynch

xdoseonex":1b16cimi said:
Man you and triggers..Look out world..That would be nice, but the idea of his triggers being to loud is incorrect in my opinion..The rest ot the kit is what's lacking..Only cuz they're not matching the click part of the sound..Was this recording done with one mic in a room or goin through a mixer and all drums miced..never the less the kicks were there and the rest of the kit wasn't...triggers do help with consistant attack and helps show natural speed....!!!

Howepirate

dave lynch":284bnqwz said:
xdoseonex":284bnqwz said:
Man you and triggers..Look out world..That would be nice, but the idea of his triggers being to loud is incorrect in my opinion..The rest ot the kit is what's lacking..Only cuz they're not matching the click part of the sound..Was this recording done with one mic in a room or goin through a mixer and all drums miced..never the less the kicks were there and the rest of the kit wasn't...triggers do help with consistant attack and helps show natural speed....!!!
Yeah it was natural drums through 1 poor condenser mic and triggers from a mixer.