I have arrived..........

mikeellis

G'day.

Thought I'd say hello after a myspace invite from Greg.

Much of my online ramblings appear at mikedolbear.com but I'm up for a new forum to be the grateful recipient of my tooth enamel removing theological musings.

Everything you need to know about me can be found at www.mike-ellis.co.uk or www.myspace.com/sessiondrummer or www.myspace.com/aodmikee

So, what do we have here? A good mix of drummers/styles/attitudes? Or have I stumbled into a nightmare of monumental proportions?

I await guidance and advice. :shock: :D

loop

Nice to see you there! Welcome. I hope you'll like our forum :) If you need any guidance or advice, pm me :)

mikeellis

Thankfully - busy enough to keep the wolves happy.

DM is trundling along OK-ish, plenty of deps/sessions/gigs, AoD have been signed (US tour imminent), been teching as well as playing, doing alright as far a jobbing tub thumper can!!!

I could complain, but who the f*** would listen/care/change it?

So....... if/when the US tour happens, would MM lend me a kit for the duration?

:p

Timekeep69

Good to hear things are going good.

I'm doing some mercenary work, still trying to find the right band. Teaching as well.

If you're doing a US tour, I'm sure we can work something out,. Drop me an email at pj@medicinemandrumsaz.com and give me the details and we'll see what we can come up with!

mikeellis

Timekeep69":10swgx6t said:
Good to hear things are going good.

I'm doing some mercenary work, still trying to find the right band. Teaching as well.

If you're doing a US tour, I'm sure we can work something out,. Drop me an email at pj@medicinemandrumsaz.com and give me the details and we'll see what we can come up with!
Will do skipper.

:)

millsybaby

:lol: :lol: :lol: very true, very true

Have you been on the paiste-only.com forum yet? http://www.paiste-only.com/phpBB2/

Its like my heaven apart from its full of people who like 18" mediums a little too much :lol:

How'd the Lang tour go then? Did he teach you Disco Football? :lol:

mikeellis

I missed that, I'll check it out later today.

The Lang tour was fantastic, best week I've had EVAH! Thomas is a great guy, total pleasure to work for. It some kit though! Took 90-120 mins a day to set up, 1 hr to pack and load, hard work, but thoroughly enjoyable.

I was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago, turned off the M61 and got some sandwiches from Tesco next to the Reebok stadium on the way back from a festie gig with Planet of Women.

millsybaby

Ah cool, thats bout 20-25 minutes drive from my gaff! 8)

Only an hour to pack it down? It takes me about 3 to do mine! Always takes me longer to pack down than setup though for some reason, maybe cos my arms are usually fecked from the gig or i get deistracted and set it up a different way half way through and have a bit of a jam hahaha - done that one many a time, hmm. lets try "the bonzo" while i've got it all like this :lol:

Great news with the beaters aswell! :D How heavy are they for future interest? As you may know, i'm going Axis, so the heavier the better as those pedals are super smooth. I can always buy weights but it'd be advantageous