i did a little experimenting.

disrupt13

last night i played a show, and i wanted to do really good, we only had two practices total, i havent played with this band on over an year.

So,
instead of my usual consuming of pop, i drank water all day, a little gatorade, and some pomegranate juice.

i can honestly say it worked wonders for me not to have all that sugar and what ever else pop contains.

has anyone else done this?

and ive been excercising with 20lbs leg weights for my feet, and my double kick is 8)

Rob Crisp

I hardly ever drink carbonated drinks now, too many fillings thanks to them.... I drink lots and I mean lots of water. Easy 2 to three litres a day and more when i practice hard.

mute

yeah, soda is complete shit for your body. actually, gatorade is pretty bad, as well. it's all high fructose corn syrup, which is horrible for you. and, as bad as gatorade is, a normal soda has 3 times the amount of sugar. if you need some sugar and calories for an extended job, bananas are great. they release their sugars slowly and evenly, so you don't have a short high and then a crash.

disrupt13

the only reason i drink pop is i get massive head aches from it if i dont.
it sucks cause i enjoy pepsi,
a lot.
but id rather feel better

Quarter Note

disrupt13":36tsvtmb said:
the only reason i drink pop is i get massive head aches from it if i dont.
it sucks cause i enjoy pepsi,
a lot.
but id rather feel better

Same as if you stop drinking coffee with caffeine in it. You get a caffeine dive and head aches. Keep off it long enough and you will not suffer the head aches.

And sodas are s**t. But damn...... do they taste good!

vincemie

pop is ALWAYS BAD FOR YOU high fructose corn syrup and sugar sugar sugar. juices and water will always be better. your body will like you more.

jermsywermsy

im trying to slowly ween myself off the sodas as well.
the goal for me is to try to get down to only one a week, to a point where i dont even know when i last had one, then dont even want one.

SINISTER

I havent had a cavity in 3 years since I stopped drinkin' the soda (pop for yanks), beer has far less sugar :twisted:

BillRayDrums

I miss the days of "playing a show". Recently it's been "digging a trench"....

Don't worry...My groove is omnipresent and I will resurface into something very noteworthy.

Opopanax

I don't drink soda, but I do drink 3 cups of coffee a day. Every now and then I declare that I'm done with it; that typically lasts 6 months..

Homki890

mute":3gvhd330 said:
yeah, soda is complete shit for your body. actually, gatorade is pretty bad, as well. it's all high fructose corn syrup, which is horrible for you. and, as bad as gatorade is, a normal soda has 3 times the amount of sugar. if you need some sugar and calories for an extended job, bananas are great. they release their sugars slowly and evenly, so you don't have a short high and then a crash.

Unless you have been in some strenuous activity, such as sports. Then, Gatorade or Powerade is very good for you, because it replaces lost nutrients and replenishes electrolytes. If drank over the course of normal day stuff, it does nothing at all, and is not that good for you.

I drink water, and that VitaminWater, which helps out a lot with my RLS apparently.

But I could never give up Mountain Dew. Just love the taste too much.

However, I stay away from energy drinks unless I need them.

Homki890

Alan_

the only caffeinated drinks I consume are coffee and tea, both without sugar.

too much sugar does weird things to me.