i cant believe it..

Gazdkw82§

iv had ANOTHER A custom crack on me...this time its my top hat of my 13" mastersounds...

so thats 2 x 18" a custom crash and the top hat......

are they badly made? im not a hard hitter...the only thing i can think of is i do tighten the hi hat clutch very tight..

Shalaq

How's the crack on that hi-hat? I've got hi-hat that's been cracked for more than a year now and I don't see any difference.

screamkevin

NONONONONOOOOOOOOO!!! Do NOT tighten the clutch. When you set up hats, you want to leave the clutch somewhat loose on the top hat. The energy that you transfer to the cymbal when you strike it needs to dissipate, and if you have your clutch tight to the cymbal, there's nowhere for that energy to go. The number one cause of cracking hi-hat cymbals is that they are mounted to the clutch waaaaay too tight.

Scott_Hurford

screamkevin":23ytbcze said:
NONONONONOOOOOOOOO!!! Do NOT tighten the clutch. When you set up hats, you want to leave the clutch somewhat loose on the top hat. The energy that you transfer to the cymbal when you strike it needs to dissipate, and if you have your clutch tight to the cymbal, there's nowhere for that energy to go. The number one cause of cracking hi-hat cymbals is that they are mounted to the clutch waaaaay too tight.
agreed 100%!!! i love having the clutch very loose on mine, so it woobles when they are played slightly open, similar to Chad Smith's hats.

if u tighten it really tight they are going to Crack FAST!!!

Gazdkw82§

screamkevin":1d3ixb8c said:
iv realised that now. as soon as i noticed the crack i clicked on what was happening. funny enough when i loosened the hi hat clutch they where alot better to play :shock:

aint it strange the stupid simple mistakes we do (or is that just me ha ha)

Gazdkw82§

Shalaq":14jmuh0x said:
How's the crack on that hi-hat? I've got hi-hat that's been cracked for more than a year now and I don't see any difference.
uumm iys about half inch long. i dont think it has yet started to go into the dreaded T shape yet..