I am officially the 11'th fastest drummer in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbz

I didn't know that drumming was a sporting event????

Not to bag your accomplishments.......it just make me sad that companies or promoters put together events like theses!!

Jeff Porcaro or Steve Jordan prob. couldn't play a thirtysecond note quintuplets(sp.right?) at 280 bpm to save their lives....but they frickin played there asses off on thousands of recordings.

Whats the point of a fastest drummer??

TheYardstick

Wow, you're not far from breaking into the Top 10.

Are you going to compete next year? Because, if you are then I'll be really eager to see how much you improve.

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

ebbz":3gpnl4vo said:

Not to bag your accomplishments.......it just make me sad that companies or promoters put together events like theses!!

Jeff Porcaro or Steve Jordan prob. couldn't play a sixteenth note quintuplets(sp.right?) at 280 bpm to save their lives....but they frickin played there asses off on thousands of recordings.

Wow... your very first post and it's a total wet blanket . Good job bro! Welcome.

Shogun

screamkevin

ebbz":f3u7oqkl said:

Jeff Porcaro or Steve Jordan prob. couldn't play a thirtysecond note quintuplets(sp.right?) at 280 bpm to save their lives....but they frickin played there asses off on thousands of recordings.

Ebbz,

We've had this discussion over and over again on the boards. Please utilize the search engine to find them. We do try to promote positivity here, so please take note and perhaps rather than ragging on xdoseonex, some congrats are in order. To achieve the Worldwide Top 20 in any activity is a great thing. Positivity, please. Thank you.

SmellsLikeIan

ebbz":37mfqfmb said:

It only took 2 responses for someone to post something like this in a thread about WFD....A new record!

xdoseonex

yeah i missed the top 10 by one stroke. I hit 934 on one of my first runs when i came back from texas but i still havent started really practicing like i should. that i'd be really amped if i could make it into the top 5

mikeellis

WFD? Sorry, I don't get it. Relevance to being a musician?

It's a bit like me claiming that I'm the biggest, fattest English drummer in my house. True, but pointless.

screamkevin

mikeellis":36jo2rcm said:

It's a bit like me claiming that I'm the biggest, fattest English drummer in my house. True, but pointless.
There's a lot of relevance, considering the fastest growing music right now is extreme metal. Many bands now are writing, recording, and performing songs at well over 200bpm. It's just meant to be a fun competition to see who can set the benchmark, and who can play faster. I'm not into WFD competitions, but I'm consistently amazed at some of the metal that I listen to and the performances of the drummers that are playing. Cats like Derek Roddy, Gene Hoglan, Thomas Haake and others are just absolutely sick in how fast they can play, and how damn well they can do it.

It's just fun. But there is relevance.

m

regardless of what anyone thinks of the WFD, Matt M has been a good contributor on this forum and is a heck of a player.
Congrats Matt

Timekeep69

Eh, at least with WFD you're comparing the same thing....speed. Most drum offs are left to the judges opinion. You can have a mediocre jazz drummer and a excellent metal drummer competing in a drum off but if the judges prefer jazz music and hate metal, who do you think will win? Or vice versa?

With WFD it is what it is, you either clock up the highest speed on the meter or you don't.

By the way, I'm not a real big fan of any competative drumming.

mikeellis

screamkevin":lutmq2bv said:
mikeellis":lutmq2bv said:

There's a lot of relevance, considering the fastest growing music right now is extreme metal. Many bands now are writing, recording, and performing songs at well over 200bpm. It's just meant to be a fun competition to see who can set the benchmark, and who can play faster. I'm not into WFD competitions, but I'm consistently amazed at some of the metal that I listen to and the performances of the drummers that are playing. Cats like Derek Roddy, Gene Hoglan, Thomas Haake and others are just absolutely sick in how fast they can play, and how damn well they can do it.

It's just fun. But there is relevance.
OK. So where's the WGD?

A competition for the the drummers who can hold the most solid groove without the use of a click? Surely something like that is a better target to aspire to?

screamkevin

mikeellis":3l3c0n85 said:
OK. So where's the WGD?

A competition for the the drummers who can hold the most solid groove without the use of a click? Surely something like that is a better target to aspire to?
Hey, don't get me wrong, Mike. If there was a WGD, I'd be all over it. Maybe I should start one...*starts plotting*

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

To me, it's like a HomeRun Derby... not extremely relevant in the overall game of baseball but still definitely has it's place.

Congrats bro!

Jon

mikeellis

screamkevin":19stfchv said:
mikeellis":19stfchv said:
OK. So where's the WGD?

Hey, don't get me wrong, Mike. If there was a WGD, I'd be all over it. Maybe I should start one...*starts plotting*
Make sure it makes it's way over here, I'll have a go....!

WFD IMHO is 'OK', but I've met too many young uns who aspire to nothing beyond speed and then wonder why they can't find the 'right' band.

cableman26

Nice work man. It doesn't matter what anyone says it's something you work hard at and your doing damn good. You should be proud of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.