I am looking for a cheap double pedal!!!

Eiren

Keep saving up for something good. It's well worth it. You can get a great sound out of a crappy kit with the right tuning, but it's very hard to play consistently well with a substandard pedal, no matter how good your technique is.

Go to a shop, find the pedal that suits you best... save up for it.

drummert2k

yeah, do yourself a favor and save up for a decent pedal. if you're already willing to spend 125 bucks then save for a little longer and invest in a pearl eliminator or iron cobra both of which are under 300 bucks.

THE EXPOSED

ya dude i started on the $100 pacific pedal and it wont last you more than a year. so if you think you will be able to afford a better one in a year or less go for that other wise iron cobras all the way!!!

brandon8robinson

Pedals can be bad, and good.

Don't go under 100 dollars, there's a Pearl series for 160 dollars and I don't even think that's good.

The DW 7000PT is a great DB pedal, I'm saving up for it, it's 220 dollars

and the Iron Cobra is amazing.

Howepirate

pearl elims...just save for em...theres pros who swear by this pedals speed and sensitivity and customization..get it!

definatly save up for a "better" pedal...i have the dw 7002...they cost me $200 and theyre pretty good for there price...but now im getting tricks or axis..as a new pedal means a new level

Howepirate

TomorrowsTragedyDrums":gccfttk4 said:
definatly save up for a "better" pedal...i have the dw 7002...they cost me $200 and theyre pretty good for there price...but now im getting tricks or axis..as a new pedal means a new level

Its not the pedal...its the player

Save 100 Dollars more and get the DW 7002 Double Pedal, i currently have it and it suits me every needs. I advise not getting the Pacific Pedal, my cousin has it and it is very stiff and the beater are very poor

Flatliner

I highly reccommend you say up and get a better pedal, tha pacific one is probably the best of the really cheap stuff, but its really not worth it, you are much better off getting a better pedal.

Drumming_Animal

i recomend saving for a decent pedal but i was in the same situation a little while ago and did the stupid thing and went with what i could afford what at the time was a Sonor double bass pedal and to be honest its not that bad but even so im regretting getting to because of some little bits that dont really go that well, so yea save up for something decent

Sway

Yeah i would say if you Have to get somthing now get the PDP one. Ive had it more than a year but you have to take care of it. Like get some 2-in-1 oil and you have to oil the hinges like once a month. Its a good pedal all around though. Yeah like everyone else said though youd be doing yourself a favor to wait have a little patience and get something good rather than something right now thats not that good just cause you need it. Oh and you might wanna make sure your right foot is built up really good. It helps alot.

iatemygoat

definately save for something better. go to stores and try them out as well to see which one you like best. dont just get one because someone on a forum says "They're AMAZING!" they may be amazing to them but not right for you.

ex. everyone i talk to says "fuck yeah, Iron Cobras!!!"

i absolutley hate that pedal.

so go with what feels best. it may turn out to be a 100 dollar pedal u found at a music go round down the street.

Damagedrummer

Howepirate":339bim37 said:
TomorrowsTragedyDrums":339bim37 said:

Check this guy out proudly mentioning not playing axis. I Think it's also the player. But there's a difference between heavy and light playing pedals. But the lighter the pedal, the faster you maybe go, but you still would need the technique to control it. So again, I guess it's the player in the end..

stump

If you can't wait to get a higher quality pedal look at the PDP or Pulse DB pedals. They both sell for around $99.00 at musiciansfriend.com. Not bad quality for the price.

drummert2k

Howepirate":2dxjeo1s said:
TomorrowsTragedyDrums":2dxjeo1s said:

try slapping someone like benny greb or dave weckl or a great player like that behind a kit with a sluggish crappy wobbly pedal. im sure they'll play great. but not to their full potential.

its the player in a sense that he/she has to have the skill and chops to execute the patterns on the pedal.

but its the pedal in a sense that if the pedal isnt up to the standards of what you're trying to play on it, then no matter how good you are, the pedal will cause your playing to suffer.

you have to have a good pedal but also be a good enough player to use it.

..... and lets not get into another one of these "its not the (blank), its the player" deals. its just a big waste of time.

PDP9000

the first double pedal i ever used was the PDP one for 100$ but i played on my friends set that had dw 5002 on it i liked thoes pedals a lot but it took some time to buy it but its worth the wait. or you should go to any music store near you and try to find one that you like and the feels good to you and the style of music youe playing