how to paint a standard drumset

pearldrummer_05

so is there any specific way to paint a standard drumset, i have a pearl 5 piece forum series, navy blue and want to paint it flat black, is there a specific way to paint it or just sand it smooth and spray :?:

h8eternal

I've painted a couple of kits in the past, one set I stripped off the hardware and used a scoff pad or a fine grit sandpaper, then I primed all the shells and painted a granite stone type of design with automotive paint out of a spray gun and also used an airbrush for details and such. after all of that cleared them with automotive clear coat. and other kits I've just painted with some spray cans. what your going for which is flat blk, I would strip off the hardware of course, scoff all the shells with a scoff pad or like i said a fine grit sand paper and make sure you make the finish dull, you don't want to see any sheen what so ever. clean them off with a damp cloth or if you can get your hands on some (prepsall) but if not a damp cloth is good. if you want to go the cheap route then get some primer in a can, the good shit not some $1.50 crap. also get some good flat blk in a spray can, both you can get from home depot or your local auto store, pep-boys, or whatever and you should be good.
good luck-

h8eternal

don't remove the wrap unless your looking to do more work then you have to. unless you want to of course, but even then you could ruin the shells.