How tight do you have your spring tension?

Hello people, I own a AXIS X-series double pedal and was wondering how people like there spring tension. I can never decide. If I have it loose I feel more in the groove but when I play in my punk band I then suffer. What`s every ones views?

Howepirate

smarty_drummerboy":pgkauh7h said:
Hello people, I own a AXIS X-series double pedal and was wondering how people like there spring tension. I can never decide. If I have it loose I feel more in the groove but when I play in my punk band I then suffer. What`s every ones views?
Speed = tight.... sorry theres really no way around it.

Call me Gideon

I play in a punk band and I've got my springs about as tight as they will go. It just makes that double kick a lot easier....especially when you're pumpin'em out at 270 BPM.

Howepirate

Call me Gideon":1gc8ifib said:
I play in a punk band and I've got my springs about as tight as they will go. It just makes that double kick a lot easier....especially when you're pumpin'em out at 270 BPM.
Damm gideon thats not 16th is it cuz holy balls!

Call me Gideon

Howepirate":18bv89y7 said:
Call me Gideon":18bv89y7 said:
Nah Howie. I'm talkin about doing the standard punk beat. b s bb s

Howepirate

Call me Gideon":1i2o6ugw said:
Howepirate":1i2o6ugw said:
Call me Gideon":1i2o6ugw said:
Nah Howie. I'm talkin about doing the standard punk beat. b s bb s
Oh ok man lol. I was worried for a bit lol

Alcyon

When it's too tight, I feel like there's no power behind my strokes, and I just stutter sort of instead of play steady grooves... My right foot has always been really really loose and my left foot is slightly tighter.

Daza73

Howepirate":3bbs66je said:
smarty_drummerboy":3bbs66je said:
Speed = tight.... sorry theres really no way around it.
i agree i have mine fairly tight

Rob the Drummer

You don't have to have really tight springs to play fast. It just makes it easier because once you get the pedal moving, it basically does all the work. I like the lighter pedal for the fact that the hit is transfered directly to the head when I want it to, without having to fight with springs. I could see making them really tight if all I played was really fast double kick and wanted it to be easier on me, however doing foot doubles and such, it would be tougher with a tight spring. Don't cheat yourself.

Call me Gideon

In my case, almost every song is 200+ bpm and includes the "cut time" punk beat. Some refer to it as the NOFX beat. I never use a double for that particular beat. My foots almost always flying so I keep the tension up so that I don't have to work as hard to maintain that speed.

xdoseonex

i just tightened my pedals to get more power, and now i cant play slow. when i got to hit the pedal its al;ready on the floor because haveing the tight spring tension makes it rock so much. what should i do? i like the tight spring tensiopn fgor speed, but i have a gig sunday and one ogf our songs(poseidons horror) has slow double bass all over it

xdoseonex

never agin will i have my spring tension tight, no power, habving your tensions tight makes your pedal do most of the work for you but give you no power.
be a man play your bass drums

Howepirate

xdoseonex":vtk1dxqc said:
never agin will i have my spring tension tight, no power, habving your tensions tight makes your pedal do most of the work for you but give you no power.
be a man play your bass drums
Thats why i have mine 3/4 tension and i float my toes with my heels up on the footboard for slow double bass cuz it keeps that tension in check,

Try it