how much should one pay for a decent drum throne and...

mute

from where is the best place to get it?

i bought mine for $30 a while back. it's basically bottom of the bottom. it was a crappy GC sale. i have little $ so i've been stuck with it but i need a new one.

this one is very wobbly and i always have to have one foot grounded, basically, to keep it upright. i assume having a sturdy throne will help out in general and possibly with my fledgling double-bass skill.

agreeing with the other thread, i have GC and only buy from there when i have no other options. a throne is something i could buy catalogue, though, i feel like. yes/no?

OnusPro

I got my Pacific throne from Musician's Friend for 60 bucks. Bicycle seat, nice and sturdy. It's held up for 2 years now.

drummert2k

i invested in a pork pie super huge fat man style seat. the thing is like a lay-z-boy. so comfy. and then for a base i got one of dw's quad leg bases. 4 legs under that huge seat and you're playin in comfort. all in all everything came to about 175 bucks but very worth it for comfort through an entire 4 hour set.

Eiren

drummert2k":tzuln6j7 said:
i invested in a pork pie super huge fat man style seat. the thing is like a lay-z-boy. so comfy. and then for a base i got one of dw's quad leg bases. 4 legs under that huge seat and you're playin in comfort. all in all everything came to about 175 bucks but very worth it for comfort through an entire 4 hour set.
One of these seat types?

drumonthebrain

I, personally belive that the throne is one of the most important parts of your kit. I had a crappy throne when I first started, and it worked out fine. As I began to learn more about my set, and how it should be set-up/played, I realised that I needed a good throne to further my playing, and to prevent any injury.

If I were you, I'd get on musiciansfriend, and just look for a throne that meets your standards and budget. No-one on these forums knows exactly what your looking for. only you do.

drummert2k

Eiren":2s7w5req said:
drummert2k":2s7w5req said:
One of these seat types?

heck friggin yeah. i got the zebra print though.

Danny Meazell

Put out a little money for a throne and save money in the long run! For instance it seems the one you have now is a waste. I am getting a new Pork Pie before I leave to go on tour! I like you had one that was not a lazy boy. It had some redeeming qualities like making my ass go to sleep. But when I got up and my tush woke up it felt like it had been dragged through a thorny bush! I know a poet! Takes Bow Thank You Thank You!!!
Best place to custom order is here>>>>>
http://www.indoorstorm.com/advanced_sea ... one&page=2

Danny

A cheap one will cost you about $20 - $30. A good one can cost over $200. Pork Pie makes a nice one for a little under $100. I have a Roc-n-soc. I paid $175.