How I love my DWs, Let me count the ways....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atmerrill

Okay guys, here you are: Since folks keep wanting to go off-topic to rave the many fine virtues of their drums, kindly go for it here. DW owners can start first.

And, so nobody feels shortchanged, perhaps other players could also start similar threads for Ludwig, Rogers, Slingerland, Leedy, Gretsch (old and new), Sonor, Pearl, Yamaha, Mapex, Ford, Medicine Man, Orange County, Peace, Truth, North, Ayotte, Noble&Cooley, San Francisco, Dunnett, Smith, Precission, etc, etc, etc, etc (apologies to those forgetten), so that all have a chance to put it out there.

Maybe then threads can stay a bit more focused to the topic which they were created for.

rufus4dagruv

I love my Noble & Cooley Alloy Classic. Live and in the studio it is a thing of beauty. When other drummers, from beginners to pros, hear it, they feel the need to approach me to compliment its magnificent sound. I love that I was able to get it for less than half of the normal retail sale price and that if the need should ever arise for me to sell it, I am confident I will get at least as much, if not more, than what I paid for it. The last 140+ years of building drums, though mostly toys, does not go unappreciated.

Thanks, that was fun.

SGarrett

No need to start three dozen different troll topics. There wasn't even a need for this one.

I like drums that sound good and look good. It just so happens to turn out that I love the tone of DW drums, I like their finishes, and I've met and worked with Chris Lombardi and he's a really cool guy. So we have tone, appearance, and a personal connection. Badda-bing, badda-boom...I'm not a brand whore.

Alcyon

i hate how people are really good at playing drums and get these awesome endorsement deals they totally deserve. goddamn. i know i suck but is a purdy dw kit too much to ask?

mrgreenjeans2234

i love drums period

haha

if it sounds good then thats all you need
you know you can rewrape and restain

hell look time keep took that first act and made it beastly

so really.
pointless thread?
yes

Atmerrill

SmellsLikeIan":gyifln33 said:
Waaahhhhh. There, I said it for you. Way to start a useless and condescending thread.
Give an honest idea a chance to work - nothing condescending about its intent. Sadly, you look like you're brown nosing Sgarrett here.

zen_drummer

I thought Bong was the sound a gong makes!

Can there BE another meaning?

OK... back on Topic...

I love the way DW drums have mave managed to get drummers to love and defend their products even when there's better stuff on the market. In the history of drumming NO company has done a better job of marketing their brand. I mean that as the sincerest compliment because it doesn't matter HOW good a companies drums are if nobody wants to own them.

In the 80's Yamaha was dominating the "growth market" and in the 90's DW came on with a passion supplanting Yamaha as "top of the line". I think it has been well established on this and other forums that DW is the brand that people love to hate, but in all honesty, they make some of the best "production line" drums in the world.

Say what you will about the superiority of custom drum makers (and there is a LOT to say on that subject); If you're gonna buy yourself some off the shelf drums, DW is a pretty logical choice.

By the way, this is not kissing up to garret, that's SOOOOOO not my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.