How God has blessed me

Crash101

so i work in a place called Unclaimed Baggage Center (if you lose something on a plane or train or a bus this is where it goes) and i have come to acquire many drums there for cheap prices. in the past year i have picked up these drums at these prices
Pearl free floating brass piccillo 25$ (in decent shape)
Pearl free floating maple snare 100$ (in awesome shape)
Pearl export 14" snare, 8x8 tom, 10x8 tom, 12x10 tom 250$ (brand new with cases new evans heads and a crash pad)
and the latest drum ive purchased from there is a Pork Pie clear acrylic snare drum 14x6.5 50$ (in brand new condition)
all i can say is God is good. just to let you know what i do there. we get alot of cds so my job is to sort them and price them and just a perk to listen to music all day.

john_bonham73

maybe its just me I don't know.....BUT,wouldn't you think somebody out there is missing their snare or toms?? If I lost drums,somebody's ass would be mine until that drum gets found.

RhythmMgmnt

I agree with John.

Unclaimed Baggage center? More like lost baggage center.

I'd be super pissed if someone lost my gear.

RM

Rockaflodge

It just sounds like I never need to lose my drums any were in any way, because a claim company gets a $500 snare drum that dont belong to them they sell it for $50 to a guy that post a topic about how God's blessing him because him bought my $500 snare drum for $50 and the whole time this is going on I am made at God because the airline or the busline lost my $500 snare drum. Please dont put God in the middle of this. You are just LUCKY my friend and remember, there is some sad bastered somewhere that does not have his gear anymore because the airlines lost it and it now sets in your hands.

Howepirate

Do you guys understand the concept of UNCLAIMED baggage...it means after a month or two of this stuff sitting around companys have nothing better than to sell it off.

And to the owner of this post..would you be interested in selling any of your snares???

john_bonham73

which is why I answered the way I did....yes I understand.Lets look at the flipside,mmmmm k? Im travelling,oh lets say Detroit to Phoenix and I decide to take my trusty snare that I bought at a garage sale back in 1993.A rare 1972 Sonor.....and Im "trusting" the system to take care of my baby.I arrive in Phoenix(in one piece thank God),my luggage is rolling on the conveyor belt(things are looking good dammit!) All I need is my snare and its time to get my drink on.The last of the luggage rolls through and no snare.They check the plane one more time,no luck.You talk to the lost items clerk..."sir,we'll take your phone # and call you if we locate it."What am I supposed to say...ahhhh screw it and forget about it? Thats BS! Somebody somewhere is coming up with answers!! I guess until then I'll post my complaints here hoping CRASH 101 has seen it,LOL!

Crash101

when things are lost they sit there for 90-120 days while the airport looks for the owner. if not found my company gets. so if its gonna be lost anyway why wouldnt God bless some one who's been faithful to him.

Eiren

Crash101":2np50hxa said:
so if its gonna be lost anyway why wouldnt God bless some one who's been faithful to him.
Does that mean that the drummers who lost their gear, have been naughty?

strokelahoma

Crash101":1alhw1w3 said:
so i work in a place called Unclaimed Baggage Center (if you lose something on a plane or train or a bus this is where it goes) and i have come to acquire many drums there for cheap prices. in the past year i have picked up these drums at these prices
Pearl free floating brass piccillo 25$ (in decent shape)
Pearl free floating maple snare 100$ (in awesome shape)
Pearl export 14" snare, 8x8 tom, 10x8 tom, 12x10 tom 250$ (brand new with cases new evans heads and a crash pad)
and the latest drum ive purchased from there is a Pork Pie clear acrylic snare drum 14x6.5 50$ (in brand new condition)
all i can say is God is good. just to let you know what i do there. we get alot of cds so my job is to sort them and price them and just a perk to listen to music all day.
Wait so do you sell this stuff? where do you? This sounds like great deals on stuff not justy drums but everything!

LuckilyHeDied

Crash101":11rnkro1 said:
if its gonna be lost anyway why wouldnt God bless some one who's been faithful to him.
Why did God let it get lost in the first place? What if the person who owned that very expensive Pearl snare was more of a believer than you? Just wouldn't make sense, would it?

DrumBoy

strokelahoma":4zkarcu8 said:
Wait so do you sell this stuff? where do you? This sounds like great deals on stuff not justy drums but everything!
Do a Google search for "Unclaimed Baggage Center" and you should get some hits.

phee

I'd say it's a pretty awesome gig if you get expensive drums for cheap. I congratulate you. As far as the people that lost the gear, if the airline couldn't figure out where it was, the owner would've been compensated. Otherwise, I'd say they were just too rich to care and bought another one. I don't see any misfortune here beyond the regular pains of airline travel. Besides, airlines should not be responsible for storing things that they do not own. Since the prices are so low, the money the make from the sale probably just covers all the extra shipping they have to do in order to sell it.

If the guy wants to thank God for anything, I say let him, even if it doesn't make any sense to you. But I think in this situation, it does make sense and I'll thank God right along with him. It's not like he's Pat Robertson. If he were praying for people to lose their expensive drum gear and then die in a terrorist attack so they wouldn't be able to claim it, then he would be Pat Robertson.

That was a really good joke, I better get some good feedback for that. haha

Crash101

because they lost their stuff it doesnt mean they're "naughty", people's stuff getting lost is nothing more than man made mistake, and honestly if you lived here, in Scottsboro Al, you would do the same thing so please dont try to act self righteous and pretend you would risk life and limb to return this stuff to the owner, which in many cases cant be found. its a massive store filled with anything you could imagine, we never know what we'll see come through there. please consider that we arent the people losing your stuff we dont even get the opportunity to buy it until it sits there for 90-120 days, all we do is take something like lost luggage (a negative that cant be fixed) and sell it for generally good prices (a positive)[sometimes they're not always good prices, its a complicated business]

Crash101

phee":1h1hqkp7 said:
I'd say it's a pretty awesome gig if you get expensive drums for cheap. I congratulate you. As far as the people that lost the gear, if the airline couldn't figure out where it was, the owner would've been compensated. Otherwise, I'd say they were just too rich to care and bought another one. I don't see any misfortune here beyond the regular pains of airline travel. Besides, airlines should not be responsible for storing things that they do not own. Since the prices are so low, the money the make from the sale probably just covers all the extra shipping they have to do in order to sell it.

If the guy wants to thank God for anything, I say let him, even if it doesn't make any sense to you. But I think in this situation, it does make sense and I'll thank God right along with him. It's not like he's Pat Robertson. If he were praying for people to lose their expensive drum gear and then die in a terrorist attack so they wouldn't be able to claim it, then he would be Pat Robertson.

That was a really good joke, I better get some good feedback for that. haha
yeah you're right we dont sit and make people lose their stuff and usually if we can find the owner we will. example: the export snare and toms i bought were actually held at our processing plant to see if the owner and the rest of the kit could be found. so it's not like we steal it out from under ppl. anyway those that see the positive side of this thanks i simply cant help those that choose to be negative about it

benitosuave

I wouldnt have a problem from buying from these things, but I would have the problem with the airline. No one just forgets about their stuff so it must be the airline not keeping track and miscommunicating. But its not like another 90 days would make them suddenly get it right.

by the way Phee, I love your band!
I was pretty thrilled to see that that was your band. Not gunna lie.

Crash101

well yeah i totally agree with that, i would be just as pissed as the next person if they lost my stuff. but if im gonna have all this thrown in my lap im deffinitely gonna take advantage of a great deal even, but what everybody has to understand is that we didnt make people lose their stuff