how do ya play this cymbal ?

phil-drummer

well duhh , but how often do you miss a cymbal, it happens sum times, this ones a spiral , it must be a bitch to play , and what i meant was dya hit the top or the coil , surely it wud just break,

:?

Scott_Hurford

its probably meant for low-volume situations, so a light hit on the coil would probably get the right sound out of it.

has a cool look to it, wonder if i can say the same about the sound :)

screamkevin

LOL, Phil, I would guess (seriously) that it has a great amount of sonic possibilities. I do agree with my man Scott that it's probably a low-volume instrument, but I bet that aside from playing it with a stick, you could get some cool sounds from it by dragging some dowel sticks (Hot Rods) down the spiral, or by playing it with your hands.

Rockula!

How about hiting it then "boinging" it up and down (yeah, boinging is a drum term,I read it somewhere)
Maybe it sounds like Coily from Q-bert

Shalaq

I guess hitting every curve of the cymbal produces a different timbre. Also you could make a brush stroke through all curves like you would do with chimes.

phil-drummer

if ya go on the zildjian website u can listen to it , it sounds kinda like a trash- splash , it just luks like it wudnt last very long