How do I replace the U-joints on my slave linkage?

Multibomber

I've noticed that my slave pedal linkage on my DW 5000's has a LOT of slack in it. Its just worn out. I would like to replace the U-joints, the red thingys on each end of the linkage. I dont wanna get the same crappy DW ones, I wanna get some better ones if at all possible. Does anyone know how to do this? What specs would a u-joint company need to have?

johnny nobody

You will probably have to get the whole rod. I notice even brand new pedal have some slack in them and most wear out fast. Its all about the money.

Alan_

I'd say you're pretty much out of luck unless you know someone adept at metal fabrication.

Brother_Bong

Alan_":2g32g5o8 said:
I'd say you're pretty much out of luck unless you know someone adept at metal fabrication.
And by that point after purchasing "better u-joints", paying for labor and possibly materials to retro-fit, you could have up-graded to new or better pedals.
$.02

Multibomber

Anyone even know where to get another rod? I dont even know what to call it? Couldnt find it on ebay or anywhere else.

johnny nobody

Multibomber":2jn0julb said:
Anyone even know where to get another rod? I dont even know what to call it? Couldnt find it on ebay or anywhere else.
Call the manufacturer for the extension rod the u bolts are already attached.