How do i have to put my legs?

killdrum1983

i lose strength in my right foot or my left one quite fast, i really don't know why it does this, maybe my legs aren't well set. How do i have to set it as a 90° angle? thanks for replying guys

Sway

uhh first off it doesnt matter as long as your comfortable. Your knees(in my opinion)shouldnt hit the side of the snare. I have seen prople do some crazy things though and technique and all that is relative to you and what makes you comfortable.
Second if your getting tired really fast it could be because your muscles in your legs dont have endurance. Therefor you just have to practice until you can last longer. A real easy excersice you can do anywhere is just when you sit down tap your feet. Take your foot up as high as you can to where you can fell it stretching and then bring it down hard. Then get faster and faster. This will build up endurance and strength in your legs so that way you can last a long time and each note you play is consistent in Volume.
Third is if your a double pedal player or even a single pedal person do triplets with your feet. John Blackwell talks about that in his DVD and it really does help alot!
Of course this is just an excersice you dont want to go beating the freakin crap out of your bass drum all the time just when needed. This is just to give you control and consistency not to be used in all musical situations.

killdrum1983

Sway":ph0uqd5q said:
uhh first off it doesnt matter as long as your comfortable. Your knees(in my opinion)shouldnt hit the side of the snare. I have seen prople do some crazy things though and technique and all that is relative to you and what makes you comfortable.
Second if your getting tired really fast it could be because your muscles in your legs dont have endurance. Therefor you just have to practice until you can last longer. A real easy excersice you can do anywhere is just when you sit down tap your feet. Take your foot up as high as you can to where you can fell it stretching and then bring it down hard. Then get faster and faster. This will build up endurance and strength in your legs so that way you can last a long time and each note you play is consistent in Volume.
Third is if your a double pedal player or even a single pedal person do triplets with your feet. John Blackwell talks about that in his DVD and it really does help alot!
Of course this is just an excersice you dont want to go beating the freakin crap out of your bass drum all the time just when needed. This is just to give you control and consistency not to be used in all musical situations.
oki thanks for the advice so i have to rise'em up to like 10cm or 15cm?

heckelmenot

Absolutely, I agree 100%. Comfort is the key. As soon as you start to stress and tense up, you will lose any groove you are trying to establish. The triplets approach is a very good idea. Also, you can try the "Iron Maiden Gallop" rhythm. This is pretty self explanitory, just listen to "The Trooper". This is a great leg builder, but I would only recommend it for intermediate to advanced players. For beginners, it might be just a bit too much.

killdrum1983

heckelmenot":2p8zbgid said:
Absolutely, I agree 100%. Comfort is the key. As soon as you start to stress and tense up, you will lose any groove you are trying to establish. The triplets approach is a very good idea. Also, you can try the "Iron Maiden Gallop" rhythm. This is pretty self explanitory, just listen to "The Trooper". This is a great leg builder, but I would only recommend it for intermediate to advanced players. For beginners, it might be just a bit too much.
hey hi i just tried as soon as i read your message with the triplets and it works a lot!!!!! :) i quickly saw a difference. I also tried "the trooper thing" it's a dawn good excercise too but you're right it's a bit hard for beginners espacially when i start by the left foot it was a bit hard for me to hold the speed and to be on time but i'm working with a metronome so I lowed the speed a little bit and i had it so i'll keep on working and increasing step by step :) thanks a lot for your advice ;)

Alexander

Hmmm. You mean "& A 1- & A 2 - & A 3 - & A 4 -" being the Iron Maiden Gallop rhythm? Is that done with one foot or both at the same time or alternating both feet combined? Thanx.

heckelmenot

Alexander":2jcu4sak said:
Hmmm. You mean "& A 1- & A 2 - & A 3 - & A 4 -" being the Iron Maiden Gallop rhythm? Is that done with one foot or both at the same time or alternating both feet combined? Thanx.
Absolutely. That's pretty much the rhythm. You can play it any way that feels comfortable, but at faster speeds I would recommend, if you are right handed, playing the &'s and downbeats with the right foot and play the A's with the left foot. Unless you have calves of steel in which case you can play with whichever feet you prefer.

Benno

Personally, I set up my two bass drum pedals and hi-hat pedals first when arranging my kit. Once those are comfortable (i.e. your legs feel totally neutral while resting on the pedals), set the rest up.

osiris90210

if my memery serves then iron maiden do all of their songs with just one kick... dunno bout the new album but i no trooper they did with one foot, if u can get it right with the one foot ur set, then u can speed it up with one foot,

i always say if u can do it with one foot, u can go twice as fast with 2... id also tell anyone at the level of playing the trooper, that wen u have it down packed, change ur footing so u play it with ur left foot, that way both ur feet r strong and u can keep a double bass blast up for ages