Honey, I'm Ho-ome...

Alcyon

God, it's been ages since I went on this board... Seems like ever since I pretty much collected all the gear I wanted I stopped posting and started playing :lol: I have to say though, first thing I did when I found the link again was look up all my old posts and remember all the characters on this board... SGarrett, Howe, dose, Bong, Timekeep, zen, and of course, who could forget... bapudi? :twisted:

In case anybody cares, a little update on me... I've graduated HS now and I'm in my second semester of university (college, as most of you would say) doing Creative Non-Fiction and Journalism. It's super hard to practice here in dorms but I'm going to try and book a room in the music building for my practice pads. I've been playing mostly bass lately actually, I've got a nice Fender P-bass so i've been jamming on that tons. Also started longboarding, which is ridiculously fun. My band (now called Auroch) is doing pretty well, gigging once or twice a month and pulling in around $150-200 a gig (which might not seem like a lot but is pretty nice for five kids between 17 and 19). I've got a wonderful girlfriend who I'll celebrate a one year anniversary with this month.

My life is good, and I'm glad to be back. I hope somebody remembers me. :)

Alcyon

Aw, what a nice welcome. Duba, is that your ladyfriend there?

I can't really remember the old look, but this one is pretty nice. Man, after spending time over on talkbass.com it's bizarre seeing these big sigs and having people actually swear without being censored. What a relief.

drummerduba

Sure is mate, been together almost 3 years now. Got engaged at the end of July (you weren't away THAT long were ya?

Cheers
Duba

Alcyon

My last post before I started lurking for NAMM '09 info was Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:36 am. So yeah, three years. That's why I'm so surprised you remember me :p

Assback

Alcyon":2gpygyya said:
My last post before I started lurking for NAMM '09 info was Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:36 am. So yeah, three years. That's why I'm so surprised you remember me :p
you sure you dont mean 2007? I'm sure i seen ur posts before

...and if it really was 06 than DAMN, congrats on 500+ posts in less than one month of being a member :lol:

Alcyon

huh, maybe it doesn't show me my posts in chronological order. anyway, it sure feels like a long time. i know i was here for more than a month last time :p