Holy Grail Of Rides?

Adonis2121

I go between 3 rides , it all depends on what Im playing
Loud Rock - Sabian Rod Morganstein Tri Top Ride
Mid to low volume - Zildjian K Custom Dark 20"
Pop - Zildjian A Custom 20" Ping

anavrinIV":yn5hns1x said:
i just got my favorite ride a couple weeks ago, the sabian 21" hh raw-bell dry ride. im in a metal band and it can cut through or mix into the sound, i can switch sticks and it becomes a beautiful jazz or blues ride. best thing ive ever heard and the bell is killer.
u read my mind. i just got it a few weeks ago and ive never heard anything like it

El Groovin

Sabian is where it's at for any situation...

My fav ride? 22" Raw Bell Dry Ride.
You can ride, ping, crash-ride and rake on it and it's always perfect. Chokes easy with a very warm yet bright! wash.

It's one of the greatest rides ever made from the greatest cymbal company to exist...

RSmith

I use a old Impluse 20 inch ride for recording myself. Sure it was one of the cheap 80s Zildjian line, but it has a great definition to it's sound. I do have a 20 inch Earth Ride which is great dry ping sound but has no crash value whatsoever. But recently while jamming with some friends, I ended up using my 19 inch sizzle ride which is about 30 years old but the sound of that cymbal cut though all the guitar noise and probaly makes a very strong statement of using that cymbal more often. ;-)

tambudrum

I think if I have the budget I will have many rides; but lately I am using my UFIP 20" Bionic med. heavy Ride and more lately a Zildjian K Custom Special Dry Ride 21"; I think is a very special cymbal and somewhat versatile, but not the most. I also like the 20" K Custom Session and the 22' K Const. Med. Thin Ride Low.

www.myspace.com/tambudrumshop

mapexdrummer

One ride cymbal that ive played on that i am trying to get now is a paiste 24'' mega bell rock ride. Nice blend of ping with a lot of wash after the ping! :D

Darrin64

My main ride is the zildjian 21 A sweet ride... but my real work horse is my main crash... zildjian 16 A thin crash...

Vetis

I'd say that if I could afford it I would have a 22 inch MEINL Chris Adler custom ride. That thing sounds soooo magnificent. Im a metal drummer so I dont like it when my ride sounds too washy. The Custom ride has an amazingly powerful ring with a hum that isnt tooo noticable while playing it at the same time as a kit.

Bebopdrummer

I use an 20" A Zildjian Crash-Ride. It is very versatile. I choose rides depending on the stick rebound/sound combination. My others are 15"AA, and 17"AA thin Sabian crashes and HH Sabian Hats.

Stoned Gerbil

I like the Zildjian 20" Ping. No matter what gig I've played, that thing always sounds perfect for the song. Just a perfect mix of ping and wash if you want either more or less.
I also have a 20" Zildjian Ping ride and comletely agree. Its great for most styles. I've played quite a few different rides and nothing comes close! It sounds awesome both tight or loose on the stand, has great sustain but lots of control depending how you play it and it's f**cking loud!

Homki890

Sabian Andre Ceccarelli Signature Hot Ride. It's 21", not the 20" that someone posted. Im pretty sure on that figure.

Homki890

Adonis2121

Stoned Gerbil":1lh2wp34 said:
I like the Zildjian 20" Ping. No matter what gig I've played, that thing always sounds perfect for the song. Just a perfect mix of ping and wash if you want either more or less.
I also have a 20" Zildjian Ping ride and comletely agree. Its great for most styles. I've played quite a few different rides and nothing comes close! It sounds awesome both tight or loose on the stand, has great sustain but lots of control depending how you play it and it's f**cking loud!
I 2nd that.

Rob Crisp

drummerck":1po62tx7 said:
there isn't any A custom love....i have been using the 20" A Custom Medium Ride. Most versatile ride i've ever used. Just a beautiful sounding cymbal.
I was gonna say 20" A Custom Medium Ride too! It's in my current setup and I love the wash when you crash it! Great for my band!

donglezombie

I play a Sabian Prototype ride that I got when they did the 2004 Vault tour. It's an HHX with traditional finish and a raw bell. Perfect mix of ping and wash.

I do agree about the 60's Zildjian rides...amazing

slingerland66

definitly a toss up ... 20 A Custom ping for its brilliant sound... 21 sweet ride for its versitility. great for rock and jazz