Holiday Drum Gifts

Drumosaurus

the pdp 800 2 leg hihat stand. I'm not hoping, i'm knowing because I told my mom "if youre going to order this, nows the time." because music123 had a black friday sale online.

I'm kinda wishing I told her I needed new heads now because the stock pdp heads are beat to hell right now, seeing as Ive had them since august "07.

I should be getting a few stands from other relatives too, I really hope I do. The double stand I bought from drumgearonline is held together by duct tape, my china is held up by an ancient rusted pearl stand, and my cheap sunlite crash is held up by a rusted over 60's quality stand.

besides that, I should be getting a few misc drum stuff. like last year I got a drum alarm clock and a drumset christmas tree ornament.

drums got the short end of the stick this year, since I asked for an ipod.

Assback

all's im hoping for is tias and tios w/ no clue what size shirt i wear or what im into

undecisive relatives= straight cash handout

hopefully snag enough for that dw double tom clamp i been wanting

Mitchell?

Just some sticks, and a new snare head for the M Birch snare. I drew all over the stock head, and now the coatings wearing off. :(

sam(otacon28)

stump":340t1tay said:
I'm getting the Alesis dm5 pro with the surge cymbals. Should be fun! :D P.O.Y!

Those surge cymbals look pretty cool . I have a few drummer friends that have and still use their Smartrigger cymbals . From what I understand Alesis bought Smartrigger if I'm not mistaken and these surge cymbals look and perform just as the Smartrigger ones did . Should be interesting to hear some peoples feedback on how well they work with the Alesis kits .

sam(otacon28)

Lancelot Frosty

Some new heads...
But there's a pair of shoes I like and most people I know end up giving me clothes or stuff to add to my Transformers/etc collection.
Or money.
That's one nice thing about having a gigantic family. :lol:

drummerduba

spencercperry69":209c5nzm said:
Zoom H2 Review by Spencer Perry of Saybrook

Recently I had the opportunity to demo and review the Zoom H2 courtesy of X-TREMEGEEK.com. http://www.x-tremegeek.com When I first unpackaged the zoom h2, I found that it was a very well packaged device; everything was well organized and neatly laid out. It even had tons of information about it on the box. The recorder though looked a little too plain. Samson’s website says, “The H2 is the only portable recorder with 4 mic capsules on-board for 360° recording. With 4 mic capsules in a W-X/Y configuration, the audio is decoded instantly, bringing these four signals together for unparalleled stereo imaging. But the H2 doesn't stop there. For maximum flexibility, you can record from the front of the H2 in a 90° pickup pattern or the rear of the H2 in a 120° pickup pattern at up to 96 kHz/24-bit resolution as a WAV file, or as an MP3 file at bitrates up to 320 kbps. Additionally, you can record in a 360° pickup pattern at up to 48kHz/24-bit resolution which will allow you to convert your recordings to 5.1 Surround.”

I read the simple recording guide and found that the controls were quite easy, press record once to put into record mode. Adjust the sensitivity with the [MIC GAIN] switch. Press record once more to start recording, and one more time to stop recording. To play back I plugged in my headphones, and simply pressed play/pause button. My younger brother and I tested it out on a new song he had been writing, and for $199 the sound quality was great.

I used it also to record solo drum tracks. If the guitar/ piano player in my band has a new song he can record his part with the zoom h2, and pass the music file to me so I can practice the song without him being there. It also records unmiced vocals quite well, I apologize that I have not yet had the opportunity to test it on vocals through a pa system. The Zoom H2 has 2 file structures wav and mp3.

The Zoom H2 has great mounting capabilities. Right out of the box we could mount The Zoom H2 on its own stand, a handle that allows you to connect to a mic stand, or a camera tripod using a standard camera mount, which I chose to use for convenience. I think that the Zoom H2 would make an excellent holiday gift. Tell all of your friends. For samples visit http://www.myspace.com/saybrook123.

Product details and purchase information:
http://www.x-tremegeek.com/templates/Se ... ctID=22118
What would most people say about someone's first post to be a review of a Zoom product??
He's technically not trying to sell the product so would it be spam??

metldrummer2112

I say spam

But back on topic, I KNOW that I'm getting a new Pearl piccolo steel snare drum, a pre-pack of pinstripes, and some nice studio headphones so I can hear the music while I play. I may also get some sticks and a Sabian Alu-Bell