hi hats

dillinger12

hey i need a new pair of hi hats and i've been looking into the hhx groove hats but i still question them, does any one have any suggestions of what i should get?

drumshark

honestly, i have a pair of sabian B8 hi hats, and their great, their not the perfect set, but for the price and since im not in a band or anything where i need nicer cymbals, their the only ones ill buy untill i need sumthing more

Conor

i have zildjian zcustom mastersound high hats. their more for metal but they would work for anyting, except jazz lol.

stump

Depends on the style of music that you are playing. Since I am a Zildjian man I suggest the A's or K's for a versatility. If you are playing heavier driving music go with the Z's. In the past I also played the Paiste signatures and 2002's they both sound great and are versatile also. For their heavier cymbals check out the rudes. Later.

MasterShake89

my two favorite sets of hi hats are

14" zildjian a custom mastersound hats

and 14" zildjian a series new beat hi hats.

both amazing sets of hats

Alcyon

I really like the sound of the B8 hi-hats we have at school, but I don't want to buy a pair because I'd like to keep all cast cymbals... Does anyone know of a comparative pair of hi-hats? Preferably AAs?

drumshark

Alcyon":1utkm1gv said:
I really like the sound of the B8 hi-hats we have at school, but I don't want to buy a pair because I'd like to keep all cast cymbals... Does anyone know of a comparative pair of hi-hats? Preferably AAs?
cast or sheet doesnt matter as much in a hi-hat, their not vibrating openly as much so sheet may not be quite as durable as cast but their close enuf, i would get the b8's, thats wut i got and theyve lasted a long time so far, they sound good, and the CHEAP

Adonis2121

I had a pair of Groove Hats and I thought they were great for low volume situations only. If thats up your alley then go for it. If not then I would recommend a pair or Zild 14" A Custom or Sab 14" AAX studio hats.

dillinger12

Adonis2121":nu32x934 said:
I had a pair of Groove Hats and I thought they were great for low volume situations only. If thats up your alley then go for it. If not then I would recommend a pair or Zild 14" A Custom or Sab 14" AAX studio hats.
oh ok cool man i hadnt thought of it that way thanx, yea im also looking into the paragons but also the a custom mastersounds sound really good

PaulZILLA

the paragon are really nice. but also carry a 10-ton price tag if you feel me. personaly im switching over to Saluda cymbals progressively. ill still keep all of my sabians though. they are insanely good cymbals and would do great for my larger kit that i practice with and do metal gigs with.

Reaper33X

Zildjian A Custom mastersound.

By far the best sounding hats I've ever heard.

They're usually quite expensive, but there's always the odd bargain on ebay

DevintheGreig

My favorite hi hats would be either my old zildjian new beats or my old zildjian quick beats. theyre not too pricy but sound great!

Call me Gideon

I think whats been said earlier is very true...it all depends on what you're lookin for outta your hats. That bein said, I personally think that the Sabians I've played on have been the best for me. B8, B8 Pro and Pro Sonix all sound good and last a long while for not too much money. My preference are the AAX Fusion hats but unfotunately they dont make them, or I cant find them, in 14" and my set up, at the moment, doesnt acomodate 13" hats.

FelterSkelter

I went from the B8 Pro High hats to the AA Sizzle Hats. The sizzlers have worked for me in pretty much all situations (Heavy Rock, Soft Ballads, Jazz...)

drummernick

i used to have a pair of 14'' sabian b8s an even though i play sabian aax stage hats now i must say that the b8s for the money really are not a bad choice. they have a descently crisp sound and when played open theyre not that bad either so as long as your not playing crazy shows wer you really need that extra punch of "loudness" then just go with the b8s ... the stage hats are nice and loud .. there stick definition is kinda so so but i love em <33 haha

drummer91

zildjian a custom mastersounds are the best i've heard. they have a wonderful chick sound and also sound great half open. mics make um sound even better. besides a customs, aaxcellerators are really nice too, they've got the wavy bottom to. all this is just imo though.

PDP9000

It depends what kind of music your playing for metal and rock i would say z-custom or A-custom and for jazz probley k-custom or k zildjian