Hero Custom Drums

Cheerful-Bear

I know, I mean just for anyone who wants some of my stuff. Thanks for the pointers. I'm really just making stuff for my friends right now. I made the myspace just so I could have it when I get more experienced. I'm hoping not to fill orders of strangers.

johnisonfire

I think the worst thing that could happen is that you will become a skilled drum maker. The best thing, is that you could be a skilled drum maker for a living.

In my opinion, either way is awesome. Good luck with the building dude.

btw i added you on myspace.

shrub

Custom Drum companies are like water bottle companies, there are differences they claim to have but in the end its just water.

I would just build the drums for fun. Making a business out of it just unrealistic.

But hey, i understand what your doing, I Love to work with wood and build things with my hands, Its good experience.

antiunderscores

just a word of warning which has already been expressed by others, as soon as you give yourself a company name and myspace or anything, you are no longer "making it for the fun of it" potential customers, (no matter HOW distant away it is for you to be doing drums for strangers, they are still potential in the future) will no viewing you as "some kid who makes some pretty cool drums" you are now, "a company that i expect what i pay for" you remember what bodiesablaze coped when he posted drums where the the lugs were a fraction of a degree off center, because he was presenting himself as a company, not a hobbyist. and thats what you are now doing. I dont want to be some guy to come and step on your dreams because we all know how that feels and i dont want to do that to you, but its not going to be "some 14 year old kid" its now "some professional company" and if you think you are ready for that, awesome. If your product is ready for that, even better. but if your doing it for friends and family, they know who you are, why do they need some fancy badge?

I dont know, its your decision, but i had the same dreams when i first made my electric, and the shell for my snare, but thats a long way away if ever and im going to cross to the "company" status. And i plan on holding out until when i feel my workmanship is ready for it.

Up to you though...

Timekeep69

Dude, don't give up just because your first drum wasn't a hit. Take the criticism and learn from it.

I got sued over the first kit I built ( I won).

Learn from your mistakes, it makes you a better person.

antiunderscores

dont give up! i dont know what happen seemingly overnight to make you suddenly loose the spark you seemed to have, and i hope it wasnt what i said because i never intended it to do that. but you seem to have passion for this and you cant just "give up" a passion. Every step you take is a step from where you came

Cheerful-Bear

I found that after I got badges. Which is why I'll have Hero CUSTOM Drums on my badges. This is another reason to call it quits.

zen_drummer

Cheerful-Bear":3hdip1j0 said:
I found that after I got badges. Which is why I'll have Hero CUSTOM Drums on my badges. This is another reason to call it quits.
Yeah, that's not gonna work... you'll need to get a new name to continue this endeavor for sure... bummer break... I had to redesign the drum road trip logo recently because it was found to infringe on the hot wheels logo... of course, making a logo that looked like the hot wheels logo probably wasn't my BRIGHTEST move, was it?

We all make little errors in judgement from time to time... it's the human condition.

Think up a cool name!

JasonDeLima

zen_drummer":2odygodw said:
Cheerful-Bear":2odygodw said:
Yeah, that's not gonna work... you'll need to get a new name to continue this endeavor for sure... bummer break... I had to redesign the drum road trip logo recently because it was found to infringe on the hot wheels logo... of course, making a logo that looked like the hot wheels logo probably wasn't my BRIGHTEST move, was it?

We all make little errors in judgement from time to time... it's the human condition.

Think up a cool name!
"Nicely Custom Drums."

Where do you think Zildjian/Sabian/Paiste/Meinl got their names?
or you can ask Manzo or Vanden if you can borrow their awesome last names

JasonDeLima

shine.fm-youth":l3tm1720 said:
last names dude
so just have an awesome last name
You're a little late, shine. (Unless you read my post and reinforced it. :) )
Oh and, don't use DeLima. It's not as cool. Neither is "Lima".

zen_drummer

Timekeep69":20700nrx said:
Sabian came from the first 2 letters of each of Bob Zildjian's kids names, SAlly, BIlly and ANdy.
Thank GOD the Marx brothers didn't do that!

They would have been HACHZEGR

Harpo, Chico, Zeppo and Groucho!

antiunderscores

i reckon call them "Cheerful Bear Custom Drums" simple! Plus it can go into any style and not seem out of place. and the logo draws itself!