Hero Custom Drums

Cheerful-Bear

Anyone here by the name of Ryan who sent me a friend request, because I just got one. And if anyone knows of the band Experiment Theory, they sent me a request too. Anyone here in that band?

man... i've built 8 or 9 snares... a handful of kits...

and i still don't think i'm anywhere near experienced enough to promote myself as a company...

good luck, i suppose.

just a word of advice though... you might want to mention on your page that the pics were lifted from other websites... not only will it prevent confusion from people thinking you built the drums (like on the kick hoops and the wood hoop pics) but it'll also save you some grief from the sites you took the pics from.

Timekeep69

You also might want to ask Ego if it's ok that you use the pics inthe lugs section too.

You might want to look up trademark and copyright before you do things like that.

Airborne Ranger

Timekeep69":qfr2szrh said:
Yay! Now there are 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 custom drum companies in existance!
My thoughts exactly, you are entering an already very saturated market, all building essentially the same product. I hope you will be building drums as a side business for friends and possibly a little spending cash. Not a good idea if you plan on doing it full time.

Mitchell?

Airborne Ranger":2gkwc1bl said:
Timekeep69":2gkwc1bl said:
Yay! Now there are 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 custom drum companies in existance!
My thoughts exactly, you are entering an already very saturated market, all building essentially the same product. I hope you will be building drums as a side business for friends and possibly a little spending cash. Not a good idea if you plan on doing it full time.
Exactly.

The custom drum market is a boutique one, and it's already over-saturated, and in this current economical climate, people won't want to be spending money on things like custom drums, since they're a luxury.

Cheerful-Bear

Airborne Ranger":1tjjts6m said:
Timekeep69":1tjjts6m said:
You pretty much described on what I'm doing it for. Mostly DMLers, my friends, and such.

i enjoy building drums and i'd like to do it as much as possible.

i've just never really had the inkling to fire up a myspace page or build a website...

i'm not trying to crap on anyone's hopes, goals and aspirations or anything, but it's important to remember that when you start presenting yourself as a "company" or a "business", you're really putting your skills and abilities out there to be criticized.

hell... check out all the crap creature drums has gotten around here... and bodies has clearly built a substantial number of drums and has some skillz.

after all the drums i've built, i'm still doing stuff for friends and charging literally a few bucks over cost. i think the last full kit i did, which was a stained finish and took dozens of hours, netted me less than $50 in profit.

i guess the advice i'd give you is to take things slowly... don't start throwing websites and "company" names out there until you've got more experience... presenting the stuff you're doing as your learning to strangers can turn them off to you forever regardless of how awesome you get after more practice. especially with all the nameless custom shops out there.

DrumsPlus

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":347i4jlf said:
i enjoy building drums and i'd like to do it as much as possible.

i've just never really had the inkling to fire up a myspace page or build a website...

i'm not trying to crap on anyone's hopes, goals and aspirations or anything, but it's important to remember that when you start presenting yourself as a "company" or a "business", you're really putting your skills and abilities out there to be criticized.

hell... check out all the crap creature drums has gotten around here... and bodies has clearly built a substantial number of drums and has some skillz.

after all the drums i've built, i'm still doing stuff for friends and charging literally a few bucks over cost. i think the last full kit i did, which was a stained finish and took dozens of hours, netted me less than $50 in profit.

i guess the advice i'd give you is to take things slowly... don't start throwing websites and "company" names out there until you've got more experience... presenting the stuff you're doing as your learning to strangers can turn them off to you forever regardless of how awesome you get after more practice. especially with all the nameless custom shops out there.
+1, guy makes some great points.

Timekeep69

There's a reason I partnered with Dana instead of starting out on my own.

Plus....I already have DMLr's covered. :mrgreen:

antiunderscores

Timekeep69":2j9ltc4p said:
There's a reason I partnered with Dana instead of starting out on my own.

Plus....I already have DMLr's covered. :mrgreen:
haha, he's got a top point there bear! Your main competition is PJ since your main market is DML.
You are here:

Good
OK
Bad
>Totally Screwed<