• Yamaha Oak Custom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mortem

Hey ppl.. I have this thing that has been buggin me for a couple of days now - I'm thinking of selling my 6.5 year-old Yamaha Stage Custom and getting another set.. probably an Oak Custom (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-Oak-Custom-4Piece-Fusion-Shell-Pack?sku=445697) or even one of the new Stage Custom Nouveau Fusion Oak sets (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...Nouveau-5Piece-Fusion-Oak-Drum-Set?sku=445330)

I just can't make up my mind if my old Stage Custom is worth changing for any of these two. So if you own or have played any of these two, please help me out with your opinion.

Obviously, I'm leaning towards getting a Yamaha, but I'm also open to other options as well..

I love the Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau. but the Lugs break pretty easy. Yamaha is pretty good with replacing them though when you email them about it.

mortem

waterbrokenvoice":105ccs3f said:
I love the Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau. but the Lugs break pretty easy. Yamaha is pretty good with replacing them though when you email them about it.
well yeah, but I suppose being in Mexico would make that much harder..

c'mon guysss, I need your help!!! :cry:

Howepirate

I'm surprised you idiots didnt say anything about the wood!? WTF its oak man... its hard wood. It sounds a lot more brutal then the whatever mixed shell the stage custom is.

Go with oak. It has amazing tonal capabilities. I played a set once in a sam ash they had set up (sam ash is the devil!) and it sounded beautiful.

Hit hard you have the punchiness of birch with blending warm over tones. Hit soft and still get plenty of warm controlled volume like Maple on steroids.

OAK FTW!

Pinage

I play the Yamaha Stage custom advantage and their are simply awesome. They can adapt to all music styles, and I haven't had any problems with my lugs. I also crank it up tight, and no problems.

Now if you have the coin I would recommend Maple Customs. I've played them a few times and they are amazing. The toms sing, and the bass drum turns heads. (people's not the ones on the drum) haha.

If your going to go with the SCA you won't be disappointed, I love them and the next set I will buy will be the Maple Customs.

screamkevin

I've owned the same set of Stage Customs for almost 10 years now, and I wouldn't trade 'em for the world. I've played the higher-end Yamaha stuff, including Oak, Birch, Beech, and Maple. They all sound wonderful, but Stage Custom is so versatile, it's not funny. I can get a great sound out of them no matter what type of room I'm playing, and no matter what style of music. More expensive doesn't mean better all the time, just most of the time. But I vote Stage Custom Absolute.

And howepirate, you've really got to stop insulting your fellow drummers, young one. You tend to do that a lot. I'm not an idiot, and I'll thank you to not call me one anymore.