HELP!

PaulZILLA

ok my friend has a Tama Starclassic. birch. white finish. 4pc kit. 20x18 bass. 12 tom. 14 floor tom. and snare. its in great shape. and hes tryin to sell it to me for 500$. so is that a really good deal or what. cause i dont know much about the starclassic series. except that the matching bassdrum to his costs 780$ by itself. so i figure its worth the 500. i just need any other info i can get from yall to help me decide if its for me or not. ive been lookin for another kit. a 4 or 5 pc kit with just 1 tom. and 1 -2 floor toms. i know that the Pearl masters customs MMX 20x18 sounds supreme. but i dont know about the tama. plus its birch as oppoised to maple. it would be an upgrade from my crudy kit i have now. but im lookin at others. so any words on this guys. please let me know. im strongly debating it. ive had bad experience with tamas low end stuff. so any info is appreciated

loop

Take it, the price is really good. If you don't like it you can sell it for more than 500

PaulZILLA

well i like birch. i just had alot of bad experience with the lower end tama stuff. after posting this i was lookin around on here for info ont he starclassic. and everybody seems to love them. even the usual non tama people like me. i like it because its smaller than my kit i use for thrash/death metal. but capable of any style. so im reallyt hinkin of it

loop

I have perfromers in 22x16, 12x10, 14x12 and I mostly play grunge. They're perfect for grunge so they'll be perfect for metal as well

PaulZILLA

nice
imjust not used to the 20in kick. i figured they were worth the 500 . because after shoppin around to get an idea on the kit. the cheapest i co uld find for just the bass drum was 780. and its not even available in that finish anymore

Scott_Hurford

buy it! i highly suggest it! for tht price CANT go wrong...and like loop sed, if u have any complaints about the kit, u can always sell it for a good bit more than $500

Shalaq

Well, if you don't muffle the kick much and tune it loose you will get a good sound for metal I'm sure. The smaller the kick, the more smack and punch it has, remember that.

CASCINAIDRUMS

My friend has a starclassic and it is nice.
They sound great and the bass drum is a 24" with a plastic chip for the beater for that nice attack and high-end and 24" for that awesome low end.
You can have a smaller bass drum size and still get that awesome low-end sound just tune it that way
Let the mixing or sound system do the rest
I'm sure you can find a matching bass drum
If not resell it
Go with your gut feeling
Do what good ol' Aldridge said to me "Go for what you know"
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BONEFACEMUSIC
Cascinaidrums

Dale

PaulZILLA":3g5oudsy said:
ok my friend has a Tama Starclassic. birch. white finish. 4pc kit. 20x18 bass. 12 tom. 14 floor tom. and snare. its in great shape. and hes tryin to sell it to me for 500$. so is that a really good deal or what. cause i dont know much about the starclassic series. except that the matching bassdrum to his costs 780$ by itself. so i figure its worth the 500. i just need any other info i can get from yall to help me decide if its for me or not. ive been lookin for another kit. a 4 or 5 pc kit with just 1 tom. and 1 -2 floor toms. i know that the Pearl masters customs MMX 20x18 sounds supreme. but i dont know about the tama. plus its birch as oppoised to maple. it would be an upgrade from my crudy kit i have now. but im lookin at others. so any words on this guys. please let me know. im strongly debating it. ive had bad experience with tamas low end stuff. so any info is appreciated
BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

PaulZILLA

haha thanks guys. i like my bass tight npunchy. sometimes a lil bit of boom to it. but for the most part i prefer to feel it in the chest. lots of punch. im trying out this external muffler from drumbum.com and it lets me tune my b ass a lil bit lower than i prefer and i can get some boom but punchy. and i can take the muffler off for good boom. or put it on or adjust it for tight hit. i found a site that has every add on and individual drum in that series and color, and cheaper than other places. so i can get the kit as big as i want. i was just skeptical over the tama thing. usualy didnt have good experiences. but ive never played their upper level stuff such as starclassic and galaxy.