help with yamaha dtxtreme lls

bradb.

Im new here so dont hate me if I mess up. I just bought a used dtxtreme lls and Im not shure if theres a problem with it or not. So here it goes when you find the drum kit that you want to play and then hit the voice button the screen changes to where you can change the sound for each trigger. so all you have to do is hit the drum that you want to change and then that drum trigger appears on the screen. I noticed that when you hit the bass drum that trigger comes up on the screen but if you keep hitting it every 1 out of 6 hits it changes on the screen but the sound dont change and its not constant some times its ever other hit and some times its 10 hits. I would be really worried if every other hit it was changeing sounds but its the same sound but on the screen its changes. Is this normal or is it broke. sorry if theres miss spellings. not the best speller

Howepirate

bradb.":2et2h7tc said:
Im new here so dont hate me if I mess up. I just bought a used dtxtreme lls and Im not shure if theres a problem with it or not. So here it goes when you find the drum kit that you want to play and then hit the voice button the screen changes to where you can change the sound for each trigger. so all you have to do is hit the drum that you want to change and then that drum trigger appears on the screen. I noticed that when you hit the bass drum that trigger comes up on the screen but if you keep hitting it every 1 out of 6 hits it changes on the screen but the sound dont change and its not constant some times its ever other hit and some times its 10 hits. I would be really worried if every other hit it was changeing sounds but its the same sound but on the screen its changes. Is this normal or is it broke. sorry if theres miss spellings. not the best speller
If you have your toms and or snare triggered as well it might be picking up the bassdrum vibes and triggering in the toms and whatnot. Check your sensitivity settings.

anavrinIV

Howepirate":2d58l1w7 said:
bradb.":2d58l1w7 said:
If you have your toms and or snare triggered as well it might be picking up the bassdrum vibes and triggering in the toms and whatnot. Check your sensitivity settings.
i think he has an electric kit, not a triggered bass drum.

if the sound isnt changing then dont worry about it.

3Dave3

If you'd like to get answers from people who really know these kits then I suggest you go HERE for all your DTX info. I myself own one of these and have never had that problem and I'm not sure what could be causing it, but if the sound itself is not changing then you're okay to play it for now.

Dave...

bradb.

its just driving me nuts not knowing whats wrong with them. Do yall use a stereo cord or a mono cord for your bass