Help with microphones.

MetalDrummer18

im in a death metal band and im getting mics soon for my 7 piece sonor and i was wondering if u guys could give me some suggestions on wut mics, mixer etc. i should use

and also..
i have black evans hydraulics heads and a remo clear bass head with a gibraltar power kick pad and i do alot of tom/bass drum roll type stuff and my bass drum is overpoweringly loud, any suggestions on wut head i should get for my bass drum

Pnkdrmmr

I really dig the Audix mics system.

The bass drum mics are glorious the few times i've gotten to use them, the bass mics work awesome on big floor toms too(if you're into a metal band that may come in handy to know).

screamkevin

There are a lot of great mic's out there, just remember that you get what you pay for. Read as much as you can about different products, and go to as many local full-PA shows and talk to both the drummers and the soundman and see what they are using and what they prefer. There are wonderful mic's from Shure, Audio-Technica, AKG, Audix, Sennheiser, and others.

You can never ever go wrong with what has become the standard, a Shure Beta 52 on the kick and SM-57's on the snare and toms.

I use the Beta 52 on my kicks, and the Shure Beta 56 on my snare and toms. Works great for me.

I would, however, strongly suggest staying far away from Nady and Samson. There's a reason that they are inexpensive. In my experience and opinion, they are junk.

NT

i've always been a big fan of the audio technica D-112.. great kick mic. i also use the other clip on mics by audio technica.. although they aren't the most road durable..

PDP9000

I think that would be a good choice would be audix go look on there website and you can see all the drum mics they have

PDP9000

I really like the audix mics they make your drums sound clean alomst like you have triggers on it (ok maby not that good but pretty close) :lol: