Help w/ sabian hi-hats

joekline2112

HELLO, I'VE HAD MY SABIAN XS20 HATS FOR BOUT 3 YEARS AND I REALLY DIG THE SOUND THAT THEY PRODUCE FOR THE PRICE, BUT I WAS IN SEARCH OF SOME SABIAN UPGRADES BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT SERIES TO GO WITH? I PLAY CLASSIC ROCK(UFO,RUSH,) SO IM LOOKIN FOR SOME HATS W/ A CRISP CLEAN SOUND WHEN CLOSED AND THAT ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF LOUD, CLEAN SOUNDS WHEN SLIGHTLY OPEN. HELP!! :?

Spydr2000

joekline2112":3kvvbk2u said:
HELLO, I'VE HAD MY SABIAN XS20 HATS FOR BOUT 3 YEARS AND I REALLY DIG THE SOUND THAT THEY PRODUCE FOR THE PRICE, BUT I WAS IN SEARCH OF SOME SABIAN UPGRADES BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT SERIES TO GO WITH? I PLAY CLASSIC ROCK(UFO,RUSH,) SO IM LOOKIN FOR SOME HATS W/ A CRISP CLEAN SOUND WHEN CLOSED AND THAT ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF LOUD, CLEAN SOUNDS WHEN SLIGHTLY OPEN. HELP!! :?
Anything "Paiste" I love their signature hats.. very clean..

XIxPxGX

id recemend aax 14 inch xcelerator hi hats. if you have a lil more to spend the hh 14 inch duo hi hats sound very crisp. i have a pair and they sound amazing they could deff fit in for your type of music.

mattdoesrock

XIxPxGX":3383o4zg said:
id recemend aax 14 inch xcelerator hi hats. if you have a lil more to spend the hh 14 inch duo hi hats sound very crisp. i have a pair and they sound amazing they could deff fit in for your type of music.
Ditto about the AAX xcelerators - Chad Smith uses em and they sound great. I hugely recommned them.

drumbeast420

I have had a set of AA sizzle hats for almost 15 years. They have held up to whatever I throw at them. I have used them from everything from a jazz trio to heavy heavy metal. I love them. The rivets on the bottom really add a lot of "wash" noise when slighty open and are barely noticable when closed really tight. Happy spending!

screamkevin

Even though I don't play Sabians, I enjoyed playing a set of regular old Sabian 14" AA Rock hats that a friend of mine owned. I found them to be Sabian's version of the venerable Zildjian A Rock hats.

jad

I have the AAX stages, which are quite good, but for heavyier stuff where i need volume and for the cymbals to be crisp and be able to sound good open (And did i mention loud) i use the hand hammered 13 inch fusions in brilliant. awsome hats. If not them i'd go the accelerators.

FelterSkelter

joekline2112":3jgq7pge said:
Just curious, if you "really dig the sound they produce" why upgrade? Are you not getting the loud clean sound out of them?
I played an XS20 crash at the store and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the tone. It's on my list.