HELP ME!

kec

I need everyones help. You've all been great to me in the past so please don't let me down now.
I'm in desperate need for a new drumset but do not have a lot of money to spend. I was looking at the Sonor Force 505, 20" Sabian B8 Rock Ride and a 18" Sabian Rock Crash. Everything run me about $600.00. I all ready have good Remo heads that I'll be able to put on the drums so I'm not worried about that.
Please remember that am a working drummer, Playing gigs and possible studio work. Nothing big mind you, just in local bars and sessions with my own band.
If anyone has any incite on this equipment please let me know. Good and bad. I'll trust all of you more then any one around.

Thanks!
Kyle

"Dig deep in the pocket and get lost in the groove"

As far as the cymbals I've never personally played those types so I wouldn't be able to give good advice there, but when it comes to Sonor, they make excellent drums. I definitely think you're getting a great deal! Hopefully everything works out for you!

pretty good kit choice but try to get the AAX stage ride and a AAX Crash. i have the B8 ride and it has survived tremedous hitting for 6 months and it is still in great shape. no dents just a few sticks marks. As for the Sabian 18 crash, i dont have one, but do currently have a 18 Inch Crash Ride and did have a 16 Inch Thin Crash but cracked in less than 2 Months. My opinion dont buy Sheet Crash Cymbals, stick with CAST dude.

anavrinIV

betterdrummerthanyou":oc55brmp said:
Howepirate":oc55brmp said:
All trash. You should save up and buy a better set
Thank you, Howepirate!!! I agree, all this is quite the impressive piece of shit. Sonor and Sabian... CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think that this guy just sits around all day thinking of things to hate. he never has any helpful advice.

Howepirate

betterdrummerthanyou":2h8hnshs said:
Howepirate":2h8hnshs said:
All trash. You should save up and buy a better set
Thank you, Howepirate!!! I agree, all this is quite the impressive piece of shit. Sonor and Sabian... CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no dude sonor and sabian are like my top 2 favorite brands...just not the exact products he listed...so stfu you waste of life and go learn a thing or 2

C&Cskyler

I don't know much about sonors or pearls or tamas I know alot about the custom drums. But the Sabian B8's are a pressed cymbal they sound good for a cheaper cymbal. I'm a zildjian guy but I have the most expensive ones. But you probably don't want to go spend $1,000 on cymbals. But go with the b8's if you want a good sounding beginner cymbal i'm not a big fan of the zildjian ZXT/ZBT's

wes_125

the B8 ride will last you a life time, but might not play so good, compared to the higher end rides.

FelterSkelter

I think Sabian B8 ride is just fine. You may want to look for a better crash for longevity purposes.
I'm not familiar with that particular model of Sonor but I'm sure that whatever you get in that price range (brand new) is going to be pretty comparable.

I'm sure someone will disagree and tell me how I suck.